Flickr / sharing / bb code

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Ripleysbaby, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    For some unknown reason I can no longer access the bb code on my images.
    It tells me to make the image public . It is !
    I have made it private then public again . still no go. Anyone else seeing this happen ?
    Thanks.

2. Ripleysbaby

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
  3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I just tried the bb code and it works fine, but a while back I opted out of the new photo experience and now I can't figure out how to enable. :rolleyes:

4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I just saw the following on another forum:

The HTML/BBCode is still there. The row of 5 icons at the bottom right of the pic? It's the middle one with the little box with an arrow going out of it. If you click it you will get the code. Hover over it with the cursor and it says "More ways to share".

Does that work?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ripleysbaby

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    Cheers Kyle. My problem with the bb code was in the New experience beta type S##T.
    I have opted out of that and gone back to original. And now it works

• Like Like x 2
  6. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Okay, I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to enable to the new experience (after opting out before) with no success. I guess I will be happy with the old experience until they force the change on everyone!

7. Ripleysbaby

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I reckon you only get one chance. I no longer see an opt in button now I'm back. Good job too !

• Like Like x 1
  8. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I haven't been able to replace a photo for days. I was forced to opt in to the 'new experience' to replace a few photos with better post-processing.

Then I couldn't bloody get the damn embed codes, so I had to opt out in order to get back to the old design to get the codes.

Flickr needs to hire a quality control person to look after these things and react faster to simple bug fixes like these from users, especially long term Flickr users.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Nah you can get to the new experience but only when you access a photo, the link is pasted over the top of it, bottom left.

Its still in beta. There are bugs. I've gone back to the new old way until they get it sorted.

10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    On the "new experience", the BB code grab disappeared for me. I can grab only HTML.

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    OH. Let me check. I definitely didn't have it at all for a while... perhaps its gone again, for me, as well.

[edit] still there...
    5127418414_18f57fca29.

Are you all looking in the right place? You have to hit the little box with the arrow, and then after you do that, it (now) opens up a new box (a few days ago, it just integrated into the main sidebar, what they are doing now is just ugly) and you'll see three options, one of which is a pushpin. Use that.

12. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue

Easiest to just show what it looks like now I suppose...

13. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    I opted in and then opted out a while back but I still see this button on every photo page.

NewFlickr_zpsd9018776.

14. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    When I clicked on that, nothing came up, it showed the same as when I clicked on the </> symbol, something about setting my public photo to public, even though it's already public.

15. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    OK, try clearing your browser cache and if that fails, a different browser.

16. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I already went through the whole opt in opt out dance. Hopefully they'll fix the damn bugs soon.

17. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    But did you clear your browser cache. If when you access the site its going through the cache, it won't change, and you won't see what I am seeing.

18. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I don't know how to clear any caches.

19. TraamisVOS

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    I don't need to at this stage, I've opted out and am back to the regular Flickr again. If I have to do it again, I'll look into the caches.

20. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    • Like Like x 1