1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Flickr Slow? Not Responding?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Petach, May 25, 2016.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Is it just me? When I access flickr it seems to take ages to connect. Even when it does connect a lot of the pictures are black spaces. Also, slide show just has the red and blue dots circle each other and no slide show appears. Been like this for a few days on and off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. rayvonn

rayvonn SC Veteran

Jan 19, 2015
    It's been like that for a bit longer in my experience, particularly the timing out of the server when uploading.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    It's working fine for me. I think when a site or two gets really slow, it can be anywhere in the chain between their server and your PC - there are a lot of places it can slow down and I'll get some sites going really slow when everything else seems to be working. I think the only time I ever saw Flickr slow for an extended period was when they were making a LOT of changes a few years back. Lately its been fine, with the occasional temporary slowdown, as with any other site...

-Ray

4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Seems OK here. I couldnt connect to anything much over last weekend but that was because my own ADSL connection was only pulling 1-2Mbps