1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Foggy Morning

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Djarum, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Yeah, I'm still here taking pictures. Took these a few weeks ago on an early Sunday Morning. CC is always welcome.

P3258524cs.JPG

P3258525sc.JPG

P3258526sc.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    The last one is really good.

3. norman shearer

norman shearer SC Veteran

Nice shots. I reckon if you want to accentuate the fog then you need to focus on something nearby with the lens quite wide open. Then in post if you shoot raw and use photoshop you can reduce the clarity slider a bit or use a large radius when sharpening and the fog will look much thicker. I achieved just such a result with this shot only it wasn't fog it was light.

7011876713_27dc2248fc_c.
    Untitled by norman j shearer2010, on Flickr

Not tried it out on fog myself - so no guarantees. :biggrin:

Anyone experienced at shooting rain care to pass on any tips?! Tried the other day and you could barely tell it was raining in the shots, despite it being a downpour including some hail. I guess slow shutter speed and tripod would be a good start..

• Like Like x 3
  4. jankapp

jankapp SC Regular

Aug 28, 2010
    Nice pictures. I like the second one best.
    What if you would crop the reddish foreground (street) off?
    Jan

5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    The last shot looks great because it still maintains good contrast with the near objects

6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Thanks all. The last one is my fav too. The second one was taken opposite sunrise, so everything had a warm cast.