1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

For a while (and a POLL: which hardware next?)

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Alf, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Soo, it's been a while indeed I've been away.

I left town sometimes,
    9650202882_a30f74db58_b.
    Barcelona di alfrjw, su Flickr

I met friends,
    9646984085_b1585922b5_b.
    Oscar di alfrjw, su Flickr

I ate a lot of delicious things,
    9650223668_2ed11f415b_b.
    EPL38419.jpg di alfrjw, su Flickr

I explored the Tuscan heat,
    9647005191_5351460871_b.
    Inside di alfrjw, su Flickr

Met friendly strangers,
    9647029249_b2dfec88a9_b.
    Happy di alfrjw, su Flickr

Enjoyed music,
    9650344078_3446eb96b2_b.
    _PL39013.jpg di alfrjw, su Flickr

All the while in quite enjoyable company.
    9647147823_505119c327_b.
    _PL39259.jpg di alfrjw, su Flickr

In a few weeks I'm going to jump on the plane eastbound to Lanka, should I buy some new toys?

• Like Like x 5
  2. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Unless you've hit a limitation or need inspiration from some new gear (it can happen!) then I would vote "buy nothing"

EXCEPT -- if you don't have a super-wide angle lens, then the 9-18 is a nice pick-up.

3. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    I'm with WT21 on this one. I've seen many of your photos, and you seem to be doing extremely well with the gear you have. Do get the 9-18 if you don't have a super-wide. It's a terrific lens.

4. ivoire

ivoire SC All-Pro

Dec 3, 2011
    chicago burbs
    mike
    I vote "nothing"..... your images look good so spend the money on enjoying the trip ie do something you normally wouldn't.

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Barcelona is a stunner - the only thing I'd want is to straighten the verticals

not fond of the last one so much - could be the processing - & that is a matter of personal taste

I vote nothing as I don't see the point

6. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    If it ain't broken, why fix it?
    But, if you can afford it, and want it, then why not? Other than the extra weight, which I'm "sure" your very pleasant company, would be so pleased to share the "over load"! :smile:

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    You've been missed, Alf!

I dare not comment on the new toys department.

Bon voyage and don't be such a stranger upon your return!:flowers_2:

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I'm with WT and Antonio, that extra wide could be excellent for travel. I voted for the 9-18mm.

And I'm with BB on the matter of your absence from forums. I miss reading about your weekend jaunts, and seeing the photographs :)

9. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany

I spent an year and a half being worried and working on it, and forcing myself to be with humans as a therapy, as it's not natural to me.
    This cut both in the photography and writing time - I prefer to describe sights and insights, and share solutions instead of problems.
    But you know, human worry is limited in both time and depth - and you get bored of it and begin to move on.
    There is more or less where I'm found now, so expect pics in the future, and words.

Thank you all

Sent from my RM-825_eu_italy_232 using Board Express

• Like Like x 1
  10. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hmmm what to buy, what to buy, what to buy? Tough one. I'm thinking if you have to ask then you don't really have your heart set on anything at the minute. Best wait till your heart cries out for something new. Until then go out and shoot beautiful images of your wonderful Italy. You may tire of your camera but for us, we can never tire of the images and the stories you have to tell.

Welcome back Alf.

11. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I voted for the 9-18mm as the camera you have is a good one and it's better to invest in decent glass then when you have all the glass you want then go to a new body.

Great images by the way.

12. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Oh dear, I *am* sorry to hear that. Do hope you are on top of all that now :)

13. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Alf, I'm glad you're getting back into the creative "saddle" again. I know when times are rough, one's creativity can suffer from neglect and that it is not often a real choice. However, you're on the way back and I think your travel photos and your writing are really wonderful and whether you travel locally or afar, I know I'm going to enjoy your work - and no doubt about it that you'll enjoy it too.

Looking forward to seeing more of and from you, Alf.:friends:

14. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    This!!

Sent from my N820 using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5