For a while (and a POLL: which hardware next?)

Alf

Top Veteran
Soo, it's been a while indeed I've been away.

I left town sometimes,
9650202882_a30f74db58_b.jpg

Barcelona di alfrjw, su Flickr

I met friends,
9646984085_b1585922b5_b.jpg

Oscar di alfrjw, su Flickr

I ate a lot of delicious things,
9650223668_2ed11f415b_b.jpg

EPL38419.jpg di alfrjw, su Flickr

I explored the Tuscan heat,
9647005191_5351460871_b.jpg

Inside di alfrjw, su Flickr

Met friendly strangers,
9647029249_b2dfec88a9_b.jpg

Happy di alfrjw, su Flickr

Enjoyed music,
9650344078_3446eb96b2_b.jpg

_PL39013.jpg di alfrjw, su Flickr

All the while in quite enjoyable company.
9647147823_505119c327_b.jpg

_PL39259.jpg di alfrjw, su Flickr

In a few weeks I'm going to jump on the plane eastbound to Lanka, should I buy some new toys?

Unless you've hit a limitation or need inspiration from some new gear (it can happen!) then I would vote "buy nothing"

EXCEPT -- if you don't have a super-wide angle lens, then the 9-18 is a nice pick-up.

I'm with WT21 on this one. I've seen many of your photos, and you seem to be doing extremely well with the gear you have. Do get the 9-18 if you don't have a super-wide. It's a terrific lens.

Barcelona is a stunner - the only thing I'd want is to straighten the verticals

not fond of the last one so much - could be the processing - & that is a matter of personal taste

I vote nothing as I don't see the point

If it ain't broken, why fix it?
But, if you can afford it, and want it, then why not? Other than the extra weight, which I'm "sure" your very pleasant company, would be so pleased to share the "over load"! :)

And I'm with BB on the matter of your absence from forums. I miss reading about your weekend jaunts, and seeing the photographs :)

I spent an year and a half being worried and working on it, and forcing myself to be with humans as a therapy, as it's not natural to me.
This cut both in the photography and writing time - I prefer to describe sights and insights, and share solutions instead of problems.
But you know, human worry is limited in both time and depth - and you get bored of it and begin to move on.
There is more or less where I'm found now, so expect pics in the future, and words.

Thank you all

Sent from my RM-825_eu_italy_232 using Board Express

Hmmm what to buy, what to buy, what to buy? Tough one. I'm thinking if you have to ask then you don't really have your heart set on anything at the minute. Best wait till your heart cries out for something new. Until then go out and shoot beautiful images of your wonderful Italy. You may tire of your camera but for us, we can never tire of the images and the stories you have to tell.

Welcome back Alf.

I voted for the 9-18mm as the camera you have is a good one and it's better to invest in decent glass then when you have all the glass you want then go to a new body.

Great images by the way.

Alf, I'm glad you're getting back into the creative "saddle" again. I know when times are rough, one's creativity can suffer from neglect and that it is not often a real choice. However, you're on the way back and I think your travel photos and your writing are really wonderful and whether you travel locally or afar, I know I'm going to enjoy your work - and no doubt about it that you'll enjoy it too.

Looking forward to seeing more of and from you, Alf.:friends:

This!!

Sent from my N820 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 6tag_200913-123459.jpg
    6tag_200913-123459.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 158
Back