For anyone interested in weather/storm/sky photography, this guy uses Oly M43 gear

Amazing articles. Aside from not being self-employed, I see a lot of myself in this guy. I love hiking, photography, solitude in the wilderness, art. Dang . . . one can actually make a living doing that stuff? :D He did have a quote that describes me succinctly: "Being alone with my Creator, observing and photographing what strikes me is part of what I find satisfying in my encounters with nature.". Thanks for sharing, Jock.

McPheeters' pictures are wonderful. Full of drama, colour, and a sense of potential.

A few years ago I did some contract work in Saskatchewan (license plate motto: Land of Living Skies) and I was reintroduced to wide open vistas at ground level. Beautiful land- and sky-scapes. I snapped a few pictures with my old Lumix ZS8 (14 megapixels, 1/2.3-inch sensor). Among the most dramatic is:
ZS8.jpg

The following is an attestation of the flat terrain. It’s a selfie taken as I was driving as the sun set. The shadow of the car is complete, with the sun shining underneath!
P1010660.jpg

McPheeters’ pictures inspire me to be outdoors enjoying the beauty of nature with my camera, of course. But it doesn’t drive me to think about buying ‘better’ or newer. My current LX100 serves me well. The best camera you have . . .

Back