1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

For BB and Christilou

Discussion in 'Color' started by Briar, Sep 24, 2011.

1. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Only the border added in Snapseed, no other pp applied.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/briar34/6177117219/" title="Edinburgh Fringe 2011 by Briar34, on Flickr"> 6177117219_abc95a049b_b. "1024" height="768" alt="Edinburgh Fringe 2011"></a>
    Above from Sleeping Beauty, below from Macbeth
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/briar34/6177089449/" title="Edinburgh Fringe 2011 by Briar34, on Flickr"> 6177089449_20faed8c80_b. "1024" height="768" alt="Edinburgh Fringe 2011"></a>

Both with the e-p2 and Oly 14-150mm lens at the Fringe.

• Like Like x 3
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Thank you:biggrin: Is this the micro ft Oly 14 - 150? I feel a need coming on. I traded in my big Olympus 70-300 lens as it was ridiculously large and heavy on the EP cameras but I miss it. This second girl must be very dedicated to wear those lenses LOL. Edinburgh certainly rises to the occasion for the Fringe Festival :)

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thank you, Karen - have you been reading my comments over on Flickr, or just my mind?

First of all, your whole every growing set from the Fringe Festival is excellent. In addition, I really think we should plan a photographer's holiday package event to visit during The Fringe Festival Home | Edinburgh Festival Fringe. I have a strong feeling that if anyone were a bit nervous about photographing strangers on the street that they'd get over it might fast there.:biggrin:

Karen, I so enjoy seeing your images with and without your different post processing. You've got it all no matter which camera you choose.

Back to the festival - I've heard about it for years due to our daughter's dance background...quite a few ballet dancers find their way there if they're not working by a year round ballet company. I am sure I'd have a great time there - and then we could go check out some castles and moors and meet up with some other SC/Mu43 pals!:drinks:

4. Grant

Grant SC Veteran

Nov 12, 2010
    Lunenburg Nova Scotia
    I really like the eye treatment in the Macbeth image. I have always found contacts a bit freaky and double so in this image. Great images well done!

5. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Yes, indeedy, it's the wonderful mft Oly 14-150 lens. Definitely one worth having in your bag. Edinburgh is just plain mad during the month of August. Crazy but good fun.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Thanks Grant.

7. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Makes me kind o' wish for another camera with a longer lens...or maybe a zoom.:blush:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Thanks BB, pleased you like them. I have to say a photographer is spoilt for choice during the fringe, as are those in search of a good show. If you have never been and can cope with the unpredictable Scottish summer weather then I would heartily recommend a trip into Edinburgh during the mad month of August. Give me a shout if you do plan to head this way. I'm sure I'm not the only serious compact member from this side of the pond who would want to give you a warm welcome to our little island.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bill Gordon

Bill Gordon SC Regular

Well BB...if you are looking for a guide you need look no further.........Castles, Palaces, where history began.....and.......single malt Scotch!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Bill, I know - now I just need to round up the funds to travel!:friends:

11. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Fireplace

This is the welcoming sight of an open fire in the Queens Arms, Slapton today, more so having spent 40 minutes on a broken down bus. The outside air temperatures are hovering around freezing, but unusually it's very dry continental air. The fish and chips were good, as was the cider :biggrin:, and I got a lift home from the landlord, who happened to be going my way :smile:, so no need to wait for the bus home.

Barrie

• Like Like x 3
  12. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Love these open fires; no-one seems to have them around me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Oh, Barrie, that looks delightful! Bad news about that broken down bus, but so glad everything came together around that blazing hearth. I miss having an open fireplace...now that we have a wood burning stove, though at least I can see the flames dancing.

Glad you enjoyed your lunch - you've making me hungry.:wink:

• Like Like x 1
  14. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Sounds like a fortuitous day! Did you feed the dog today? Having stood at Farnborough station yesterday morning at 6 a.m, I can wholeheartedly sympathize with your plight :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  15. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Yes, Cos came in with Charlie, so she got a couple of chips when Charlie was distracted, although I expect he knows what I do, he will if he reads this, he looked at some of the SIJ work the other day :smile:

Barrie

16. christilou

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Ooops, careful then. You can't deprive that poor little doggie of his Friday treat :)

17. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Wonderful images, sharp as tack and superb colour. the 14-150mm is a very god lens indeed!

• Like Like x 1