Completed FOR SALE: Olympus E-PL2 + 14-42mm kit lens | Location: USA | Ships: US/Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talent, Oregon (far from the madding crowd)
Name
Miguel Tejada-Flores
Buy & Sell Listing - Want to Sell
Selling
FOR SALE: Olympus E-PL2 + 14-42mm kit lens

Prices
$160 obo

Ships to
US/Canada

Description
Selling my well-loved Olympus Pen E-PL2 black body + the 14-42mm kit lens it came with.

Camera has one or two minor scratches and scrapes from normal daily use but has never been abused in any way. I'm the second owner. The first owner treated it well and so have I. Its extras include a very nice glass LCD protector which has been on the LCD screen for most of its life; and an aftermarket JJC lens hood (since, alas, Olympus was too cheap to include a lens hood in the original package). It also comes with a new/replacement Olympus lens cap (I lost the original, which are tiny and easy to lose); and also a body cap, for storage. It has the original Olympus strap on it; it is missing the hot shoe cover (which wasn't on it when I bought it). The main reason I'm selling it is that I've acquired another camera recently and my camera bag is just too crowded now.

For those who aren't familiar with it, the Olympus E-PL2 is, at least I think for many of us, among the nicest designed and best functioning of the different Olympus Pen digital bodies. Though the PL2 was nominally 'inferior' to the P2, in many ways it was superior - not just to the P2 but IMHO to the P3 as well. The camera body itself is slightly larger than most of the other Olympus Pens, with a very comfortable bulge/grip on the right-hand side, which for me makes it probably the best handling small Pen I've ever used....apart from the recently introduced P5 (which costs significanty more). The E-PL2 is also distinguished by a truly great LCD screen - superior to those I've seen on P3's, PM2's and PL5's, among others. And although its 12 mb sensor isn't quite as stellar as the newer 16mb ones in the Oly M5/PM2/PL5....it's still for many photographic purposes outrageously good.

The lens itself features a cool retractable design (it 'locks down' to a very tiny pancake width, and then must be 'unlocked' or opened to function) which, in spite of its plastic construction, is a fine image-making tool. You can read reviews of this lens all over the place - the one bundled with this body is the II / second generation model, which tested marginally better than the 1st gen - but the one I'm selling is a particularly nice copy. I've gotten outstanding results from it which, though it may be sacriligious to say, are subjectively the equal or better of significantly more costly and higher 'rated' lenses.

For those unfamiliar with the E-PL2, check out Kirk Tuck's glowing review of it http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com...ent-kirks.html
Kirk tends to wax enthusiastic but a lot of what he says here, I must echo and agree with. I believe it's a fine camera - a great 'starter' camera - and also outstanding second mu4/3 body.

If I were keeping this camera/lens, I would probably upgrade the strap to a nicer one; the original Olympus one is tiny and not the greatest. But as I mentioned, my camera bag is just too crowded with recent acquisitions - so my PL2/lens must go. Also: camera will NOT be sold with the original box, which I no longer have.

Shipping will be a flat $15 to the U.S. via USPS, or $20 to Canada via normal air post. Paypal fees are included in the purchase price.

I'll be quite sorry to see this particular camera go. It's served me very well - in fact, it was the quality of this camera/lens that made me decided to switch from my former bulky but superb Pentax DSLR to micro 4/3 a few years ago - and I believe it's got years of fine pictures still in it, waiting for the next photographer.

Current shutter count is 5903. I read from some knowledgeable sources that consumer grade focal plane shutters are rated for somewhere around 50,000 actuations, and I know there are a lot of conflicting opinions on the life expectancy of modern digital shutters. I'm mentioning this for the record though, honestly, in years of digital shooting, I've never had a shutter wear out or fail on me yet.
Olympus  with Lens.jpg
Olympus  vertical with lens:hood.jpg
Olympus  side with lens:hood.jpg
Olympus rear screen.jpg
Olympus package.jpg
Olympus bottom.jpg
Olympus  front body.jpg
Olympus rear menu.jpg

Payment accepted
  • Regular PayPal (fee included in price)
Shipping method
USPS Priority Mail in the U.S.; normal air post to Canada

Shipping charge
$15.00 for the U.S./$20 for Canada

Handling time
as soon as humanly possible after payment received

References
Ebay: miguelatf

Additional comments
  • Not open to trade offers
  • Open to reasonable offers below asking price
Acknowledgement
  • I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back