Forest and Swamp with Leica Q

D

dalethorn

Two more from the Leica Q - the first a landscape shot with auto white balance, but the green way overwhelmed the JPEG image (corrected here). The second is an example of a very annoying property of this camera - on auto aperture the camera will typically select f1.7 with a shutter speed up to 1/1000 or nearly that, so now I have to select the aperture manually to prevent the extensive out of focus areas. I shoot the "1 point" autofocus mode, which is center in the second image here, and this was the best image of a 9-shot burst. Hopefully a firmware update will enable a reasonable aperture selection for Automatic mode.

Leica Q, f5.6, 1/320 handheld, ISO 200.
Charlestowne04_s.jpg

Leica Q, f1.7, 1/640 handheld, ISO 200.
Charlestowne03_s.jpg

In the first pic, I like the way the tree limb reaches down from above while the reflection seems to reach up from below.

In the second shot, the dappled sunlight on the road really contributes to a feeling of depth.

Nicely done.

Cheers, Jock

Thank you sir. There is one thing I need to do in this genre that I've gotten with a different camera a few years ago, and it's a "glow" photo as I'd call it (example below). Anyway, this kind of light occurs just after sunrise as far as I know, so I'll actually have to get up before sunrise. That's gonna be really hard for a late sleeper.

image.jpg

Back