1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

"Found" X100 Wide Angle Adapter

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Penfan2010, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Ed
    I tend to keep odds and ends of old equipment and accessories; today I realized that a Minolta Wide Angle adapter from one of my very first digital cameras (the Minolta Dimage Z1, with a great 10x optical zoom) fits nicely on the X-100, thanks to a 49-52mm filter adapter I had on an old Cokin filter holder.

DSCF5662.JPG

It's a .75x magnification adapter, making the Fuji 23mm a 17.25mm or an effective 25.8mm full frame equivalent lens.

First test shot indoors at the dining table; looks fuzzy on the corners and edges, but we'll see what happens in full daylight.

DSCF1636.JPG

BTW, to use the WA adapter on the Minolta, I had to buy a Minolta lens hood with the right filter thread. Interestingly, I found that I could use it as a lens hood for my (now sold) Olympus Zuiko m43 45mm, with a bit of duct tape. I scandalized quit a few forum members on sister site mu43 by posting the photo below. I thought the all silver look was pretty cool....

P4270022.

Someone asked whether I used sandwich bags for my camera case---well, actually, the bigger ziploc bags/bread bags make great rain protection ("weather sealing" :smile:) with the right cutout for the lens. Like they say, waste not, want not!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    duct tape FTW!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Offriver

Offriver New to SC

Dec 6, 2011
    Awesome :)....you should try self-fusing silicon tape! It doesn't leave a sticky residue!

• Like Like x 1