"Found" X100 Wide Angle Adapter

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Penfan2010, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Penfan2010

Penfan2010 SC Top Veteran

Jul 21, 2012
    NJ, USA
    I tend to keep odds and ends of old equipment and accessories; today I realized that a Minolta Wide Angle adapter from one of my very first digital cameras (the Minolta Dimage Z1, with a great 10x optical zoom) fits nicely on the X-100, thanks to a 49-52mm filter adapter I had on an old Cokin filter holder.

It's a .75x magnification adapter, making the Fuji 23mm a 17.25mm or an effective 25.8mm full frame equivalent lens.

First test shot indoors at the dining table; looks fuzzy on the corners and edges, but we'll see what happens in full daylight.

BTW, to use the WA adapter on the Minolta, I had to buy a Minolta lens hood with the right filter thread. Interestingly, I found that I could use it as a lens hood for my (now sold) Olympus Zuiko m43 45mm, with a bit of duct tape. I scandalized quit a few forum members on sister site mu43 by posting the photo below. I thought the all silver look was pretty cool....

Someone asked whether I used sandwich bags for my camera case---well, actually, the bigger ziploc bags/bread bags make great rain protection ("weather sealing" :smile:) with the right cutout for the lens. Like they say, waste not, want not!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    duct tape FTW!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Offriver

Offriver New to SC

Dec 6, 2011
    Awesome :)....you should try self-fusing silicon tape! It doesn't leave a sticky residue!
    • Like Like x 1