Four Random Thoughts in the Orlando Airport.

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by drd1135, Apr 25, 2015.

1. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    We just finished a week at Disneyworld and the associated photography. It was the flower show at Epcot and that's always a target rich environment.

1. My wife got to try her new rx100 that was her BD present. It was a big hit. The auto modes are pretty effective, especially this motion blur mode which seems to take multiple shots and combine them. It works great handheld at night. I see why this camera is so highly rated. She was so pleased with her results that she actually starting asking photography questions. I know we often debate the value of the camera vs.the person. I always knew that she had a good eye but those 1/2.3 sensors just let her down in low light whereas the rx100 really shines. This is a real game changer for her

2. The EM1 was a joy to use. I could put every control in a good place (although many of the defaults are fine). It's a bit larger than the EM5 but well worth the extra size. I had the Olympus 60 macro and I was in hog (or flower) heaven.

3. The big surprise was that my new iPhone 5 is a great camera as well. Lots of shots to friends at home that were actually nice by my standards.

4. I saw fewer ILC than ever before and that includes DSLRs. The most common non-phone cameras were bridge cameras.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    • Like Like x 2