1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

France Roadtrip

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Dewi Sant, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Finally, I got around to getting all my photos on the website / blog thingy. It's easier to post the link than put all the shots on here - some are mediocre some are ok. The little Olympus took up far less space in the car but it has to be said I did miss the DSLR. I'd take the Oly again but I'd have to take the Canon as well I think, I've not got my head round the Olympus metering and i did miss the viewfinder more than I thought I would, the screen is hopeless in bright sunlight, most of the shots taken on the sunnier days were, "Point and Pray"

Anyway photos ........ http://www.dewisant-photography.net/y_ogb_europe_2014_page_1.htm

• Like Like x 7
  2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    First I thought "Couldn't he put at least a picture or two, wonder if it's worth clicking through?"

Oh, boy, was I glad to do it :) It was a journey of a lifetime with spectacular places to enjoy.

Thanks for sharing both images and notes from your voyage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Thanks for the tour - some great buildings and scenery.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Great shots - very interesting - technically very good and well presented - a lot of care and thought in those images

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    France is easy to photograph, Bill. It's a long time since we'd visited some of those places and glad we've had the opportunity top go back. France has something about it that is very appealing,but you'd know that right? :smile: I may have to go back and take the DSLR.

6. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Fantastic pictures. I love France :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Great stuff in there! :smile: glad I clicked through! The new MX5/sunflower shot is heaps better than the old one, by the way :wink: (and not just because I think the car itself looks better, both in shape and colour)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    The old one was taken on a Sony 3.2 mega pixie point and shoot, Mr.B - the latest one was on my Oly M4/3. For interest the first one was in the Loire Valley and the second was in Burgundy

9. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?