1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

From The Cummer Gallery of Art

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Djarum, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    These are from the inside of the Cummer Gallery of Art in Jacksonville, Fl. I think it belongs here because I like the interior architechtual designs along with the art. Originally I was told I wasn't allowed to shoot inside. I was later told I was as long as it wasn't for commercial use. They also have an outdoor gardens which I took a ton of pictures of because photography was permited.

Its just taking me a while to get through them.

CC is always welcome.

cummer1.JPG

cummer2.JPG

cummer3.JPG

I think the last one is my favorite.

Dj

• Like Like x 1
  2. pics of the work

Would be nice to see some of the work.

3. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Dave,

I do have a few pics of the more historical pieces that I can post. I didn't take many as there was an issue whether I could or not. I went with my girlfriend who is more into art than I. I am more into photography and they only had one exhibit with photography.

Jason

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Jason, I can see why you were drawn to photograph at this gallery. There is such great lighting and the design of the exhibition space is beautiful...very serene..and contemplative. I like the continual repetition of the squares and rectangles. Very nice images.

5. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Awesome. I'll be outside of Jacksonville this summer for a vacation. Always looking for a brief escape from the family (and on the lookout for art).

• Like Like x 1
  6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    BB,

Art galleries can be fun places to take photos. I also have about 300 shots taken at their gardens. I just haven't gone though them. But yes, I really like the lines. I also like the contrast in the last photo.

Andrew,

This is their link: The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens Jacksonville FL

The Museum lies in the downtown/riverside area of Jacksonville. I went as a kid. It was nice to go back as an adult. Most of the art is more historical art. Some really nice pieces. The two galleries I posted were dedicated to photography. The second picture actually is a gallery where they keep modern art which rotates out I'm sure. This gallery in particular had the works of Carol Betsch. All black and white and done in medium format I believe. They are photos of various estates across the country.

• Like Like x 1