Frosty morning shot

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by wt21, Nov 12, 2010.

1. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Took several shots of this plant. Not sure what it is. This is the best of the lot I think.

NEX3 w/SuperTakumar 50mm likely around f/2.8.
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    I really like that. Colours a quite nice but could be a little brighter. Very nice composition.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. It is a little dull in the colors. I tried some pp initially (sharpening contrast), but it ended up making the in-focus flower look fake, so I had to tone it down. I'll try a bit with overall brightness and color.
  4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I like this, the cool subdued colour adds to the frosty morning feel.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Very nice - has an alien-looking plant fell to it.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    That's awesome!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. gsaronni

gsaronni SC Regular

Oct 12, 2010
    Great shot, bokeh is a bit nervous but the composition is just perfect
    • Like Like x 1
  8. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Nervous bokeh. Good call. That's maybe one of the biggest negatives here. I'll have to test the lens, and see if that's par for the course. The other issues is all the stems behind it are spikey, contributing to that. I had some differently framed shots, but in looking at the jpgs, I noticed I over-sharpened them, so I'll have to redevelop them from RAW and post one of them later. Thanks for the feedback.
  9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    I'm with Christina(christilou) and Kevin(summerki) and think the subdued color looks pretty darn good for this "alien plant". I wonder if it's a thistle of some kind? I like this photo very much, wt21.