1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fuji EF-X20 flash in stock and slightly discounted at Amazon

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Armanius, May 2, 2012.

1. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Amazon has the EF-X20 in stock. That's the flash that matches the looks of the XPro1, and has that manual control dial on top. Here's a link from Fuji's website discussing the EF-X20, which can also be used on the X100, and even as a slave flash in conjunction with the X100's built-in flash.

Bring new possibilities to your photographs with EF-X20 | FUJIFILM X Accessories

Amazon is selling the EF-X20 for $219.99 vs. the $228.99. $9 savings!!! Woohoo!!

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

Just use the affiliate link above, and do a search for "EFX20".

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I never use flash and I still want it.

3. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Me too! And I don't even have a XP1, but ordered one!

4. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I got my EF-X20 flash today. It's such a cool looking flash! It'll definitely look good on the XP1, whenever I re-get one.

The EF-X20 is smaller than I thought. But even its small size overpowers the X100 given that the X100 is such a small camera. The EF-X20 works great with the X100 though. I took a couple of photos around the office and it makes a big difference vs. the X100's built-in flash (which is actually a pretty good built-in flash).

I'll try later using the EF-X20 as a slave to the X100's built-in flash, but need to learn how to do that first! I've never used a wireless trigger of a secondary flash. So it'll be interesting.

Very happy so far with the EF-X20. It also comes with a protective case. Nice touch by Fuji.

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    requesting photo of flash on X100, please

6. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Here are some photos taken with the iPhone and heavily edited with Snapseed (to make boring photos a tiny bit more interesting). My apologies for my ever messy office.

This is the first time GAS for me spilled into flashes!! I hope it doesn't hit me too hard, otherwise, I may actually end up with a studio full of lighting in the next few weeks!

photo_3.JPG

photo_2.JPG

photo_1.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    GAS Flash? Flash of GAS? ....

Hey, I think it looks pretty dang snazzy on that X100!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Flash of GAS could be explosive.

But are you saying that it looks snazzy just to comfort me in my pain caused the inability to score an OMD?

9. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Armando, I just received the flash unit. Have you done any more testing with it? Or have you already returned it?

10. Armanius

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Hey Chuck! I kept the flash. But haven't used it at all. Got it to use with the XP1. Except I haven't re-gottenthe XP1 yet. :(

11. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Armando, hi. Hope trip to SF is/was great! I'm planning to use flash with X100/X10; we'll see how it goes. Nice little unit, though.