Fuji Fuji New Rangefinder form!

I think that Fuji made the same mistake that Sigma did with the DP line. They made an announcement that went viral around the various photography boards, then waited WAY to long to bring it to market, and by the time they do the excitment is gone.

They should take a page from apple who will announce a product and then sell it in a few weeks. For example we all know the iPad 2 will be out in a few months, yet Apple will not say anything until they can sell it in a few weeks

I'm still excited and honestly the more I see the more excited I get - however, the proof will be in my own version of the proverbial pudding. Will the RAW files have the breadth and depth and will I like the controls and the way the camera feels in my hands? Tic, tock. I will be too busy fretting over preparing my taxes for Uncle Sam to go see the camera when it first emerges from its chrysalis, unless I get started now.

However, I do agree about the iPad2 and the philosophy of marketing there, as of now. I prefer to just wait to see what's coming and then read about it. It certainly saves time and doesn't distract me from the other things in life...like the X100. :tongue: I am kidding, Wally. You are very right that endless hours are logged by many reading about the X100 or just about any other obsession/interest on the Internet that could be spent doing more productive things - like taking pictures or seeing friends, or - dare I say - reading a book!:drinks:

Ray, I had two VW bugs back in ye olden days...1972 through the early 1980s. I can attest to the sunroof thing, too.:redface: I have many happy memories of careening around the countryside, driving to and from college in nonstop blizzards with my feet freezing - along with hacking ice off the windshield. Oh the good old days - no cell phones, no heated seats, let alone a heater that did much....and that cute little trunk! Now I am much too used to my creature comforts and I seem to be wanting more of them as I get older. I've seen some restored VWs and briefly longed for one....but I'm sure I'd feel the same way as you did if I had one to drive for very long, or thought about being on the New Jersey Turnpike in one today! So I hear you on the nostalgia ploy.

Well, it just wouldn't be right if I didn't keep this thread updated a bit more:

Here are a few more places to look, where there are photographs that are looking more interesting. All courtesy of Fujifilm Finepix x100 News & Rumors:

From this Japanese blog - aiharap.exblog.jp: 写真家・相原æ*£æ˜Žã￾®ã￾¤ã‚Œã￾¥ã‚Œãƒ•ã‚©ãƒˆãƒ–ãƒ*ã‚° Be sure to scroll back in time...

And there are a couple more posts from Brandon Remier's blog with photos:
Thoughts From My Camera: Fujifilm FinePix X100 Black and White

Thoughts From My Camera: Fujifilm FinePix X100 Film Simulation Modes

Thoughts From My Camera: Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fashion Images

The X100 is looking to stack up to be a seriously good camera!! The images posted on Brandon Remier's blog look superb especially the fashion images. Very impressive.

Have you put your deposit down yet BB? (y)

Thanks to David AKA soundimageplus, my Fuji fires have been fanned, even more.

David posted over across the hall at Mu43 about some very good Fuji samples he found thanks to 43rumors, who in turn have linked to the Quesabesde website:
43 Rumors | Home

This time there are some very nice jpeg examples, some high ISO shots up to 12,800 and some RAW examples done in camera!

Now, I just hope that when they arrive there will be one left for me.:cloud-9-039:

Well, time will tell, Andy. We all know it's the person behind the lens, but it does appear to me to be all that the Lady X promised. Fingers crossed and I know that not a few of us would like to get our hot little hands on the camera sooner, rather than later.;)

It's rare that we actually need another camera.

I, uh, well, uh, I just bought another. Let's see, that's, yeah. Six? I'm taking a black & white film class next term and even though I have a Nikonos and a medium-format folder, the teacher strongly suggested I get a 35mm body that I will carry with me -- those underwater opportunities not coming up often. Plus the Nikonos is a tank. So I just bought a Leica CL body to go with my Leica lenses. (iPhone 4, GF1, Nikonos, M8, Zeiss Super Ikonta III, and now Leica CL)

You guys sound like the angle and devil on my shoulders.

Do I need one? No. Do I want one? Frankly, not really - too much choice is a confusing thing and too much overlap is worse. But do I need or want the right camera? Yes! It may take several cameras to find that right camera :D

I'm intrigued by the OVF, with the EVF option. I miss OVFs.

I think that Fuji made the same mistake that Sigma did with the DP line. They made an announcement that went viral around the various photography boards, then waited WAY to long to bring it to market, and by the time they do the excitment is gone.

They should take a page from apple who will announce a product and then sell it in a few weeks. For example we all know the iPad 2 will be out in a few months, yet Apple will not say anything until they can sell it in a few weeks

This depends on the market strategy. Fuji may have been testing the waters. Unlike Apple, Fuji can't make an investment and then it flop. Apple has the game down already. They know that most of anything they come out with will sell.

Back