Fuji Fuji x-e1 Black vs Silver

Pixl10

Regular
I am interested in buying this camera for my husband. Can't decide between the 2 colors. I read somewhere that the silver version shows scratches more than the black. Is this true? Is the silver a shiny type or more dull? Any help from forum members would be appreciated. I had an E-P3 before and it was quite a shiny silver. I can't tell from the pics.
Thanks

The silver is more matte than shiny. I have the silver.

I would guess that both the black and silver scratch about the same so it just comes down to looks.

One of the more striking features of the X-E1 is the retro style. A black camera back in the '60s and '70's was rarity. (One of the reasons Pro's went for the black over the silver. Not because black was less obtrusive.)

So I suggest silver, just because it looks more retro.

Gary

Lol. The more I read about this little camera the more "I" am liking it. I use a D7000, and it is great to shoot the kids and their sports and school events but I sometimes wish for a smaller camera with superb images. Maybe I will use it more than him;)
I think the silver looks stylish, makes a statement. Black looks serious. I think maybe silver....

Black !! The lack of OVF makes the silver solid bar on top look really... solid (as in "weird"). On the black version the lack of OVF window isn't so obvious. Also, I love the fact the black is just a bigger version of my beloved X10.

For some reason I can't put my finger on, this camera looks better to me in black.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

The black probably looks better as the lens is black! Blends more with the body? I really wish I could see them side by side, but my local camera store only has black. I see your point nianys, the lack of OVF seems to affect the black less. I was surprised how light this camera is even with the kit lens compared to the OMD with kit. It looks like silver is emerging on top here.
Thanks.

The black probably looks better as the lens is black! Blends more with the body? I really wish I could see them side by side, but my local camera store only has black. I see your point nianys, the lack of OVF seems to affect the black less. I was surprised how light this camera is even with the kit lens compared to the OMD with kit. It looks like silver is emerging on top here.
Thanks.

So whats gonna happen when you buy him an adapted silver Leica lens ... like the APO-Telyt-R 1:5.6/1600mm? Don't worry about silver versus black. Don't worry about your husband. Purchase the silver and keep it for yourself. Hell, get the black and keep it for yourself.

Gary

Might just do that, get one and be done. I feel silly even stressing over the color choices, and pictures like above don't help. In the end the image that comes out is the only thing that matters right?
Must say tho' the above picture is droolworthy! :confused:
Thanks!

My first love too, except mine was black.

Probably why I prefer all black when I can get it. If anyone is giving away a silver XE1, though, I'll gladly take it off your hands. :D

If I were buying for myself, I'd buy the silver...because it reminds me of my first love, the Olympus OM-1. So there, Paul!:tongue:
:D

Might just do that, get one and be done. I feel silly even stressing over the color choices, and pictures like above don't help. In the end the image that comes out is the only thing that matters right?
Must say tho' the above picture is droolworthy! :confused:
Thanks!

If need-be, I'll flip a coin ... you call it.

Back