Fuji X-PRO 1 Fully Leaked by French Magazine 'Responses Photo'

Viewfinder or rear screen, both methods should display aperture and shutter speed regardless of the controls. Adjusting the shutter speed and aperture should be possible to do as a one-handed operation that doesn't require you to remove your right hand from the grip. A top deck mounted SS dial and a lens mounted aperture dial make make both actions a two-handed operation.

Viewfinder or rear screen, both methods should display aperture and shutter speed regardless of the controls. Adjusting the shutter speed and aperture should be possible to do as a one-handed operation that doesn't require you to remove your right hand from the grip. A top deck mounted SS dial and a lens mounted aperture dial make make both actions a two-handed operation.

Fair enough - though in my view a bit removed from real-world shooting. My GF1's dial doesn't require me to remove my hand from the grip, but it does require me to alter my grip, even if only a tiny amount, in order to make a change. I don't think moving my thumb and forefinger together, with the camera to my eye, in order to move a top-mounted dial, is much different.

Anyway, we all have different sense of what works for our preferred way of shooting. There are always compromises to be made with gear, software etc - never mind the myriad compromises we face with subject matter, light etc.

I look forward to trying out this camera.

True, only the Nex may have been less popular... :D
I never had any problems with either of them, once I figured them out. The only camera interface that I was never able to really wrap my head around and get to what I needed quickly and easily was the EPL1. I've never had any problems with the Nex, once I figured out how to customize the buttons, or the X100, once I figured out how it thought...
-Ray

I remember having you down as the X100 menu "guru" when I had mine.

I saw a piece once that claimed a certain camera manufacturer split its body and menu design teams into separate units who only met when the camera was displayed and announced to the world. They were apparently both shocked. Probably an "urban myth" but I'm sure we'd all have a contender for who that might be.

This system has all the right reasons to move from any other system we are on.
Love its build, the orthodox way :) and Hybrid VF
The sensor if delivers the claimed results
The three primes its offering
What else one could dream of??
However for some of us like me, on travel photography side, who would also want some fast walkaround zoom lens or videos could possibly disappointed a bit. I dont see Fuji making fast zooms for such body for a long time to come. But I can't complain something about it right now, when very mature M43 and other ILCs couldn't produced one as such!

Are we getting a little spoiled in the digital age? ;) Seems like my SLR (or is that now called FSLR?) had the shutter speed dial on the top deck and aperture adjustment on the lens itself.... But of course that was then and this is now.

Generally I think that differences in menus between brands/models isn't always a massive issue for the general usability of a camera, and it tends to be a personal thing anyway.

I hate menus

I think you should never have to enter a menu for the daily operating of a camera.

I have two systems and I can access Aperture, Shutter, ISO, White Balance, PASM, AF Mode, Meter Mode,Focus Mode, AF/AE lock and Frame Rate through buttons or dials. For me these are the absolute basics I look for in a camera. Without this a camera won’t even make my short list.

I avoid menus, avoid them like the plague. When I get a new camera I do spend a good deal of time in the menus setting everything to my preference then I forget about it. Can you believe the insanity, one of my camera has over 100 menu selection and each selection has multiple options, INSANE!

I do have one camera that requires me to enter the menus to format my card and clean my sensor and I begrudgingly do that.

Colour me a curmudgeon.

I hate menus

I think you should never have to enter a menu for the daily operating of a camera.

I have two systems and I can access Aperture, Shutter, ISO, White Balance, PASM, AF Mode, Meter Mode,Focus Mode, AF/AE lock and Frame Rate through buttons or dials. For me these are the absolute basics I look for in a camera. Without this a camera won’t even make my short list.

I avoid menus, avoid them like the plague. When I get a new camera I do spend a good deal of time in the menus setting everything to my preference then I forget about it. Can you believe the insanity, one of my camera has over 100 menu selection and each selection has multiple options, INSANE!

I do have one camera that requires me to enter the menus to format my card and clean my sensor and I begrudgingly do that.

Colour me a curmudgeon.

Not curmudgeon. A photographer... :)

Are we getting a little spoiled in the digital age? ;) Seems like my SLR (or is that now called FSLR?) had the shutter speed dial on the top deck and aperture adjustment on the lens itself.... But of course that was then and this is now.

Haha yeah, no more than we're spoiled by any other piece of modern technology or efficiency. I think it's fair to say that I am well outside the target demographic that this camera appears to be aimed at, more's the pity.

I knew better and I clicked on the link anyway. My dogs better not get into any "I need to go the vet NOW because I'm too exuberant" trouble in the next two months. Unfortunately they do this frequently.......mercifully the snakes are all hibernating this time of year.

+1 and my cat, rather than dog. Sighhhh. Avoiding GAS attack is not possible on SC I fear.

Still not clear if this will really be using EXR technology to really push the DR and low light capabilities, or if they're just using the EXR terminology as a marketing tool, as with the X100. There's a side of me that's really interested in this camera, but I'm very unsure, despite the drool factor. I shoot with a 28 equivalent a LOT, in a few formats, and I'd love to have the low light capabilities of this camera with a 28mm equivalent lens, that even looks like a pancake, or pretty close. But 25 I don't shoot with that much and I'm more than satisfied with my Panasonic 25 f1.4, so not sure I really want to pay a chunk for an improvement in what's already outstanding low light capability in a focal length I don't use much? And I like the 90mm focal length, but I don't shoot macro, so the slower f2.4 of this lens probably makes it not a lot better than the Oly 45 f1.8 m43 lens I have at this length already. So basically I'd be buying it just for the 28, but would probably have to buy it with the 50 as a kit lens??? As nice as I'm sure it will be, I'm not sure where it fits in my bag. If they start adding more lenses (particularly a wider angle - similar to 9-18 perhaps), it could all but replace my m43 gear. But I doubt it could totally replace it because I love the flip screen on the EPL3 for street use and I love the 14-150 zoom for travel and a few specific uses. But it could take over the lion's share of what I use m43 for, but not with the initial three lenses. I may have to wait and see on this one. I'm sure at some point I'll give into the gas, but I'd be a whole lot more likely to sooner if I could buy it with just the 28mm equivalent...

-Ray

This camera is looking better and better the more I see of it. Can't wait to see how it actually handles and to see if the auto focus is fast enough. I suspect this camera will be a huge success and hard to get once it is released. Good thing I don't need another camera :)

-Thomas

Beautiful and intriguing camera! If I weren't so happy with the NEX cams I would be sorely tempted if it lives up to potential. I don't know about the optical part of the hybrid viewfinder, though. I've come to really like the EVF on the NEX cameras because WYSIWYG really speeds up setting exposure for me. I'm very happy that Sony has this competition and example of a great compact lens lineup. As for the camera size, I don't see any problem. I actually would like the NEXs better if they were a tiny bit bigger. I want light weight and portability, but don't enjoy it when my clumsy fingers accidentally change a setting because it's hard (for me) to hold the NEX5n without occasionally touching the wrong thing. I assume that problem would be alleviated by a NEX7, but have to wait because I spent a bundle on NEX5n, viewfinder, and lenses. Anyway, it's great to see this segment of the market getting hot!

Back