Fuji X-PRO 1 Fully Leaked by French Magazine 'Responses Photo'

It looks very like the Leica M8/M9 grip, which is attached to a base plate which you subsitute for the original.

I must say its looking better and better, I'm just hoping they have speeded up the AF and organised the menus somewhat more logically, though I suspect if my bank manager was reading this they will be hoping just the opposite!

Wonderful product pics! The grip seems to be interchangeable as an add-on bottom plate. Interesting.

3ce678c8d9f7e1756711ae371adaade4.jpg

interesting seams on the flash. I wonder if it will tile up at all?

Still no pics of the back of the camera for some reason. This is probably an accurate one, though: Fuji LX mirrorless camera leaked | Photo Rumors

Now I'm actually hoping it's $1700 without lens. I can't quite rationalize the purchase with my other priorities. $1700 no lens would stop me cold. $1300-1400 with lens, and I'm done for!

Damn you, Fuji. I need to renovate my apartment this year but I also have to buy this camera now! This is not going to end well :(

This camera looks too good to be true. Even the lens release button is located perfectly (unlike on Micro 4/3 cameras where I constantly press it with my left hand and get annoying 'lens error' messages).

Thats it. If anyone else watched that and I missed anything significant, then please feed it in. Sensor array looked different, and the wide angle and zoom lens this year looked interesting. I doubt this is going to be cheap. Anyone read German and can see if the website has any more info?

And we all thought (well at least I did!) that Fuji were going after Panasonic, Olympus, Sony etc. However it seems that are going after Leica! This is an unbelievably ambitious camera, crammed full of new technology, including a new type of sensor array. Dpreview wrote:- "the X100's image quality is outstanding." but indicate that it might not be as fast as it could be.

Assuming they can get all of this to work properly, it could be a an amazing camera, or if they can't an amazing dud. However I'm pleased to see this kind of ambition, and it seems nothing less than the idea to transplant Leica and Foveon image quality into a CSC. Though compact it probably isn't. The comparison shots with the Leica were interesting and they certainly give it some "gravitas". As Dpreview mention, Fuji are no strangers to the high end pro world with their previous medium format film cameras, and it seems they want some of that market share back. It won't be cheap but if it takes pictures like an M9 at 1/4 of the price there will be plenty of takers.

So 10/10 for ambition and style, who knows what they will get for putting it into practice. However Its a good time to be a photographer!! Lots of options.

By the way if anyone from Fuji is reading this and you want a tester, please contact me via the blog address below!!

SOUNDIMAGEPLUS

Back