Fuji Fuji X-Pro 1 hands on and samples

Thanks for all the photos Flysurfer. I noticed that on the lens tip website, the 18mm photos of the two gentlemen seemed rather soft and/or out of focus. Did you encounter any issues with the 18mm? Thanks again!

Offtopic ... I just booted up my new iMac 27. Looking at this last photo of the lady putting on the lipstick on the 27" screen. Looking at the photo at 100%, and the image quality looks AMAZING on this screen.

Yes, the Yodobashi ones seem much more promising. Less electric colour and one shows very subtle tones. I'm going to keep on looking and waiting for more pics to appear online. We have bright sunshine today but our colours are distinctly Northern!

I think I've seen pretty much all I need to see re: image output. It's obviously a camera with a very good APS-C sensor, excellent low light capability, two very good lenses (35 & 60), one seemingly a still a bit iffy (18) from the samples I've seen but I can't imagine the final production version should have any glaring faults. Let's face it; it would take a screw-up of monumental proportions for a company to deliver a camera with these specs that isn't capable of taking amazing photos in the right hands. From here on in it's the operational characteristics of the camera that I'm interested in learning more about.

I think I've seen pretty much all I need to see re: image output. It's obviously a camera with a very good APS-C sensor, excellent low light capability, two very good lenses (35 & 60), one seemingly a still a bit iffy (18) from the samples I've seen but I can't imagine the final production version should have any glaring faults. Let's face it; it would take a screw-up of monumental proportions for a company to deliver a camera with these specs that isn't capable of taking amazing photos in the right hands. From here on in it's the operational characteristics of the camera that I'm interested in learning more about.

I'm pretty much in the same place. I think the 18 will turn out alright too.

Review site stuff will be interesting, but I'll really be looking at field reports from, for example, Luminous Landscapes.

Back