Fuji Fuji X-T1 review by Digitalrev TV

Where the heck is Armando? :D

If I had some extra do-re-mi ($) lying around, I'd definitely bring one home for a look see. It was nice to see the views from inside the EVF.

I'm probably going with the Df and a bunch of primes but if I don't love it after a week of shooting in the Bay Area, there's a chance I could go back to Fuji with this body and a few lenses. I'm thinking the 14, 18, 23, and maybe 56 at some point. Or maybe 10-24 instead of the 14 and sell my 7-14 on the m43 side. But probably stick with primes like I'll be doing with the Nikon if I go that way. This body really seems to finally have it nailed. If the AF lives up to what folks are saying, the combination of a flip up screen, yet another great EVF (a technology coming into it's own), a lot more and better controls than previous models, greatly improved auto-ISO, etc. Fuji is finally THERE as far as I'm concerned, with almost all of the key lenses coming on line.

I do like full frame a lot and will probably go with the Df, but for the % of time I really love having that extra stop and a half or so of ISO, I'm not sure it's worth the size (not bad really), the maintenance stuff like sensor cleaning and AF adjustment, and the total reliance on the OVF. That last one is really the big one. I like the OVF a LOT, prefer it to an EVF when I want to use a viewfinder. But I'm not sure how much I like having an almost unusable live view setup and a static screen when I decide to try to shoot that way. A great EVF is almost as pleasing to me as an OVF and I love having an always available flip up screen easily available...

Again, probably the Df, unless a heavy week of shooting with it puts me off of it. But if not, this body and the maturation of the lenses puts Fuji back in the game.

-Ray

Back