Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

You're right - thanks BB. I can't find anything in there about whether either of the EXR modes were used and he didn't have a lot of higher ISO shots to really check out. But the bottom line is the shots we're seeing look more than acceptable to me. Even the 100% views look waaaay better than I'd expect from a compact - far better than I ever saw from my LX5. And regardless of how they're getting there, the camera seems to work well in a variety of lighting conditions and has those great Fuji colors going. Who knows, if they can do as good a job with their NR algorithms in their jpegs as Fuji did with the X100 and keep those great Fuji film modes, this could be a really nice little all-in-one camera. I'll be interested in seeing how it does once its out there in larger numbers, but I find a lot of these shots pretty impressive. Particularly in low light - a lot better than I'd expect.

-Ray

Glad you had a chance to look, Ray. As for the inner details about the EXR modes, etc., you know that stuff is beyond my brain... Eventually, if I decide to try out this camera someday, I'll be sure to read everyone's posts in detail. For example is an EXR mode something that is only involved with jpegs or is it also part of the camera's RAW "engine"?

Signed your technophobe friend,

~ BB

Glad you had a chance to look, Ray. As for the inner details about the EXR modes, etc., you know that stuff is beyond my brain... Eventually, if I decide to try out this camera someday, I'll be sure to read everyone's posts in detail. For example is an EXR mode something that is only involved with jpegs or is it also part of the camera's RAW "engine"?

Signed your technophobe friend,

~ BB

My VERY LIMITED understanding is that it applies to the raw files also, but there seems to be some question about the ability (or willingness) of almost any raw processors out there to adequately deal with it. So I'd probably approach it as relevant to jpegs. I sort of get what it does conceptually, and its intriguing because a very nice 6mp image is preferable to me to a deeply flawed 12mp image and I sort of get how using the pixels in combination would allow for greater DR or less noise in low light shots. But thats in concept - I'm sure in practice there'd be all sorts of details to understand to use it to its greatest advantage. As much as I love the X100 jpegs I'd probably only be interested in this camera as a jpeg shooter, if at all. I just love Fuji's film modes and the jpeg engine in the X100 is like nothing else I've ever used.

Not sure what the issue was with the EXIF - I think I was unable to see it on my ipad using some flickr-host app. I'm seeing all sorts of exif on the same files on my mac looking directly at the Flickr site. So that was my goof I think. But I still don't see anything that indicates when or if the EXR modes were in use. Which either means they weren't or it just doesn't tell you when they are...

-Ray

I'm pretty impressed, I have to say. I'd still really love to see some direct comparisons between the different modes - hi res, vs hi DR vs hi SN for various shots. I'm seeing some great results but have no idea how most of what I'm looking at was shot. But the bottom line looks very very nice for a small, all-in-one compact camera. And fast enough aperture from wide to long too. Pretty impressive package. I'm still not sure I see a place for it in my bag, but if the IQ is as much better as the other compacts I've seen as it SEEMS to be, and if the operations are as good as the LX5, I may be softening on that too...

-Ray

I wonder if we should run a poll to guess how long Andy keeps his X10 once he gets his hands on one! I'm watching this space ... :popcorm2:

Karen, word on the streets of Philly is...
Andy doesn't work at the camera store any longer...
He bought it and owns all the camera in stock or ever will be....

X10 Sample

This is the photo again.
JH
6307096318_ef71104c4e.jpg

Back