1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fuji X10 / Sensor Update for Orb Issue

Discussion in 'Ask B&H Photo' started by demiro, May 31, 2012.

1. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    Chuck, it is being reported on DPReview that B&H has returned all of it's orignal Fuji X10s and has received new replacements that have the updated sensor. Can you confirm that for us, and let us know if there is any way to tell which sensor is in an X10 (serial # or something)?

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    That would be brilliant. I've not even considered the Fuji because of the orbs (and much of my photography happens at night) and now am wondering about buying even though theres a new sensor, because I'd likely end up with old stock. *is* there any way to know, via serials, whether you get an "old" sensor or a "new" one?

3. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Still a lot of churn on this issue on DPR Fuji forum. At least one person supposedly had a sensor replaced, and the photos from the repaired camera are loaded with orbs. Then Fuji said they had inadvertently sent him the wrong camera....and on and on...

I'm thinking this isn't going to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction any time soon. In the meantime, my X10 is for daytime use only. But I still love it, as odd as it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I had occasion to talk to a Fuji tech in the Edison, NJ office a few weeks ago about an unrelated matter and asked him about the X10's. He said they were supposed t get the new sensors pretty soon and would start doing repairs for those who had contacted them, but that the new cameras with the new sensors probably wouldn't hit the stores until September or so at the earliest.

-Ray

• Like Like x 2
  5. henryp

henryp New to SC

Jul 12, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    We cannot confirm this or not yet but I've passed the question to our digicam buyer who should know. When he tells me, I'll be back.

• Like Like x 5
  6. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Any answer yet, Henry?

7. henryp

henryp New to SC

Jul 12, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    Very sorry for the delay in following up. According to both our buyer and our Fuji executive, all the Fujifilm X10 cameras we have in stock include the newest up-to-date sensor.