1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fuji XPro quick trip to NY

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by Landshark, Nov 22, 2012.

1. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Had to shoot an assignment in New York last weekend, I thought, since we were renting a studio in the Chelsea/Meat packing area and our hotel was 2 blocks away, that we would stay put in that community and just walk to the studio, restaurants and stores, etc. Since I did not have much free time, I brought the XPro everywhere and shot what I saw. over three days, I think I ended up with about 50 or so good images in my 10 min walks. Here are a few.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    a few more

• Like Like x 8
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    I like the grungy feel to these Bob.

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Awesome stuff Bob. That's right where I was living during my month there in April (9th and 19th, roughly), so that whole Chelsea, Meatpacking, West Village are really feels familiar to me now. Great grungy look! We're you shooting at super high ISO or were you just processing for that look? Either way, it works great.

-Ray

5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    ^^ Agree with both of the above. These give a real gritty feel to the neighbourhood.

6. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Thanks,
    Ray it is a little of both process and ISO, love that neighborhood, I have been shooting in the Meat Packing area for years, it is amazing how much it has changed over the years.
    I shot this on 14th over 10 years ago, looks way different now
    [​IMG][/IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    I'm not much of a street shooting fan, but I enjoy these a lot. Your bold processing style really draws me in, and the compositions and subject matter keep my eyes lingering over your photos. #3 in the 2nd set fascinates me the most, but I'm not sure why...

8. tdp

tdp Guest

I like the one of the chef eating at the counter looking out the window