Full Imaging Resource Nex 7 review is up

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Pelao, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I would love it too ... if I could only even sniff the existence of a NEX7 here in the US! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Country Parson

Country Parson SC Top Veteran

Apr 5, 2011
    North Carolina
    Dan
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    No NEX7s in Aus so far. A friend of mine is intent on buying one, finally abandoning his D80, but there just don't seem to be any around.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Saw one on eBay for an inflated $1600.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    :eek::eek::eek:

I think that my friend will buy locally at whatever price (he can afford it) so as to make sure of a proper warranty.

The :eek::eek::eek: Is from me. And yet... I didnt baulk at paying that for the K-5 body. oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    Pretty much the same here.

This looks like an incredibly versatile camera.

I have not purchased a camera in over two years. I know, I know - this has caused you to rush for tranquillizers ..:biggrin:

I'm not complaining - this was a deliberate choice so I could really think less about cameras and more about technique and just enjoying myself. So I ditched my beloved Canons (and more beloved L lenses) and just kept an M43 body and some cool primes, so I could have my camera with me at all times. It's been great for me, though I doubt that anyone else would notice any difference in my photography.

So I am hooked on a lighter and less bulky set of gear, and I know what I love to shoot. I also know that for some things M43 just doesn't reach the quality I like. I would love to be able to have one camera system to cover all of what I do. So I am very interested in the Nex 7, the new Fuji and the likely Pentax. Sure the bodies are bigger than most M43, but the overall kit (camera and 2 or 3 primes) is still small and way less bulky / heavy than my Canons.

• Like Like x 1