Ricoh Fun with Ricoh GRD

Today was an exercise in tech stuff. The post brought my Eye-Fi card so after setting everything up, I was off out for a trial run.
Now i consider myself quite clued up with all things technical. But this was a bit of a head scratcher for me, and the web site is
not a great deal of help either. Anyway after a few choice words and colourful language i got it sussed.
The GRD4 supports wireless sd cards, (i think all cameras can use them) But the GRD has menu options To turn off the transmission
from the card and save energy. I am still unsure why i need location services enabled on my phone though.
I think i've cracked it now though, and all works fine, Quite fast transfer too.
So this Picture of Buster. Taken on GRD4. Positive mode. The Eye-fi SD card onboard transmitted to my iphone where it was edited
in snapseed. Had i a network signal (I was in a valley) i could have uploaded or emailed the picture.
No problem in towns and cities.
I bought the card for this reason. To transmit to my phone for upload or email. It works quite well.
So i am now completely mobile.
GRD Eye-Fi iphone snapseed. A great combination.
View attachment 55025
IMG_1850 by Buster & Taz, on Flickr

I have an Eye-Fi card sitting in a retired camera. I got it to work sporadically but needed a wireless access point and an app called ShutterSnitch to make it operate. Perhaps I should try again to see if I can get it to talk directly to my iPhone and iPad...

Nice portrait!

02052011-R1010369.JPG

Taken in Gelatto Mania not far from work.

Back