1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Fun with the X10 on a frosty morning

Discussion in 'Fuji Forum' started by dixeyk, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Kevin. I know your work for a few years already. It's easy to pass by because it looks like commonplace. At first glance it could be mistaken for that but after just a few seconds of looking the viewer realizes that there is a world that gets walked by and even on that is just if not more interesting and important then the commonplace of street work, portraits, landscape etc.

I just wanted you yo know that I for one appreciate what your doing. It slows me down and lets me smell the flowers.....

except when their frozen........

2. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Wonderful stuff.

3. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

Don,

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you. Your images (and your presence on these boards) has been a HUGE motivation for me to make sure I get out and make images every day (or as close to every day as I can). You know the advice that writers get..."write what you know"? I live in a small town in NW Washington and am surrounded by little bits of nature asserting itself on the human created landscape. I've always been a big fan of photographers like Nick Brandt. He makes these stunning images of "charismatic megafauna"...unfortunately the closest I come to "charismatic megafauna" is the star nosed mole I accidentally stepped on while working on the car in the driveway (and boy was he p*ssed).

Thanks for the feedback and encouragement.

Kevin

4. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Dixey, you're making it harder and harder for me to resist getting me a X10:-(

5. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

LOL...maybe Fuji should be giving me a kickback ;) Seriously though, it is a really fun camera and I am constantly surprised at how flexible and capable it is.