1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

FZ100 - a couple of shots

Discussion in 'Superzoom Salon' started by kyteflyer, Dec 25, 2011.

1. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    I've often spoken of the Panasonic FZ100 as being a PoS. I've been far too scathing in my comments about it and am now about to retract. Of course I cannot expect it to perform like my DSLR or even most of my other compacts... but in the right circumstances, its just fine.

FZ and I took a little run in to the Canoe Pool yesterday morning and here are a couple of shots.

Canoe Pool Chain Fence by kyte50, on Flickr

Gulls Preening by kyte50, on Flickr

I think I'll keep it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    A glorious day - with your FZ100 pictures to prove it, Sue!:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    It's doing the job Sue. My son uses my FZ50 and apart from a small LCD it works for him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    These look quite good Sue

• Like Like x 1
  5. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Yeah well what do you expect from that slow lens and teeny-weeny sensor :wink:....I mean look at those reflections of the seagulls in the water. Tops!!!! You should bond a little more with it Sue. Niiiice!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    It looks like it does pretty well after all. What were your issues with the camera initially?

• Like Like x 1
  7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Doesn't the FZ50 also have manual zoom and a larger sensor?

8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    ahhh... so many cameras, so little time. But, thank you, Mark. Just don't go pixel-peepin'

It was the plasticky feel and initially I could not seem to get a good shot. I have now deleted all of the earlier shots I took so I can't even give an example. Clearly, it was me, rather than the camera. I still don't like the plasticky feel, its like a toy.

9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Yeah, I don't think that the FZ100 is specifically a successor to the FZ50 (and FZ30). Their line and price point has effectively been superseded by Micro 4/3. The FZ100 traces it's lineage to the original 2MP 12x zoom FZ1.

10. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Sue remember in the end it is you, the photographer, that matters most.

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    awww gee Lili and I wanted to blame the gear! LOL!

12. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    LOL, well ya done great here :)

13. Steve 'Lord Potty' Reekie

Steve 'Lord Potty' Reekie New to SC

Apr 2, 2012
    I've had great success with the FZ100, so much so that I haven't even been tempted to go out & buy a DSLR :smile:
    Preferring to 'travel light', I can't imagine carrying around all those cumbersome lenses & whatnot.
    Everyone at camera club has the latest Canon EOS's but I've only ever used 'point & shoot' or bridge cameras.
    I've tried a few Canons but always went back to the Lumix (that being said, I do like the look of the SX30 IS)
    Anyhow, the FZ100 suits me fine. Last year I won the end of year trophy for the best Natural History shot, this Robber Fly With Prey, taken on the Lumix FZ100 with a Raynox DCR 150 macro lens.
    Robber Fly With Prey - Natural History (Passuello Cup) winner 2011.
    You can see more of my recent photos here: Flickr: New Zealand Wild's Photostream
    Enjoy !
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  14. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Love the Canoe pool chain pic! Especially the green turbulent water to the right and the calm still cool water to the left.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Really nice shot, Steve! I didnt really give it a chance, and I have far too many cameras. It may yet end up a keeper, because nobody will buy it :)

16. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thought to see how it would go on a closeup. Not fabulous, but not badly, either.

7104686101_a14621c7fb_b.
    Leaf and Web by kyte50, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1