1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G1X RAW pictures coming out funny colors

Discussion in 'Canon G1X / G7X Forum' started by gheap, Sep 12, 2012.

1. gheap

gheap New to SC

Sep 11, 2012
    Washington DC
    Georgina
    Hi,
    I have had my Canon G1X for most of the Summer. It came to Cambodia and gave me great photos in JPEG and RAW formats. I just recently took it to South America and on the camera screen took some great shots. Once I got them all on my computer there were no JPEGs this time around and all the RAW pictures have come out blue and yellow colored. I have attached a picture of one of the shots I took.
    a IMG_1336.
    Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or am I stuck with funny colors on all my pictures? I mean its a cool looking effect but that is not quite what I was going for with all my pictures!
    Any info would be helpful. (I could just be having a blonde moment and missing something obvious!)
    Thanks,
    Georgina

Attached Files:

2. gheap

gheap New to SC

Sep 11, 2012
    Washington DC
    Georgina
    Oh and here is a screenshot of one of the pictures before it refines so I don't know if it is something to do with that process?
    Fullscreen capture 9122012 124138 AM.bmp.
    And after refining:
    IMG_1393.

3. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    What raw conversion software are you using? It's obviously one that isn't correcting for lens distortion judging by the vignetting on the image of the Seal.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    It must be some preset in the software. I don't think it's "in camera" messed up like that. I'm with Nic. Tell us what software you are using and we can diagnose this one, I think.