GAS Without Pain

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by pdh, Jan 7, 2014.

1. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Prompted by ReD's 35mm pinhole experiments, I dug out my old Zenit TTL to have a go myself, only to find the shutter committing seppuku (or whatever the Soviet equivalent - if there was one - was) within seconds. Presumably he thought I was some sort of Imperialist and was exploiting his labour value.

Accordingly, I turned to Freecycle (which is where the Zenit had originally ... um... originated ... ) and posted a "WANTED: any old camera".

Within about 30 minutes, a nice lady emailed me to say she had an old camera I could have for nuffing ... so I went and collected it this afternoon ... here it is:

11824389983_a5a210556d_c.

yep, a Nikon F2 with DP-1 Photomic head and a 50/2 Nikkor. and it's black! For free.

The only problem with this free beauty is that she's jammed solid and will need a service from the esteemed Sover Wong. Which means I will have to sell a kidney, and eat out of bins for a few weeks.

Alternatively, I could sell the Yashica MAT-124 and the Sigma DP2s, neither of which I use these days. Anyone want a nice TLR and a nice Foveon ?

• Like Like x 3
  2. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Nice new member of your photo-family!The first time I hear of Freecycle and it's a grand idea. On top of that, the Belgrade branch exist already :) Muchas gracias!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I'm sure you can sell your Foevon - try listing it for free.:biggrin:

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    BB did I mention, after seeing your recent selfie, that in the UK we have had a TV programme on called "Hotter than your daughter ?

Now, can you live without my Foveon? Or even my Foevon?

5. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Told you.
    Alternatively you could put another freead request in .

6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    What for a camera repairer?
    hehe I'd be lucky.

7. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    hehehe again.
    Isn't google a wonderful thing sometimes? Despite their hunger for World Domination, I mean.
    a quick dose of "nikon f2 won't wind on" has given me all the info I needed to unjam Nikki. Now, where's me bulk loader?

8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :rofl: THAT is a good one!

As for my spelling issues - mea culpa! I have always kind of lusted after the foevon..probably because of my having been so taken by les Fauves?!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1