1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

G'Day from a Kiwi in Sydney Australia!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Tonto, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Tonto

Tonto SC Rookie

Can't have you guys thinking I'm an Aussie now! :biggrin:
    Some may know me from the Pentax forum but don't worry I'm not blind to other brands, I have been involved with Sony in the past in particular, have an Olympus Superzoom and quite partial to Panasonics new GX1.
    I like cameras that don't follow the herd are the underdog. Hence why I probably got into Pentax and why I would least likely get into Canon! (everyone has them, Boring!:tongue:)
    I love the feel of a nice camera so I appreciate old film bodies aswell as expensive Boutique cameras like M9s and the Pentax Q! :eek:

Look forward to speaking with you all.

BTW anyone who likes shooting around Sydney would like to get a group shoot going.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Tonto, welcome aboard from New York!

Glad you found your way here and I look forward to seeing some of your photos very soon!:drinks:

Check out this section for the various how to's: Site Information.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Tonto and welcome from the West.

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    If Sydney weren't on the exact other side of the planet from me, I'd join you for a photowalk. You sound like a kindred spirit. Welcome aboard!

5. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Hey Tonto... I'm just up the road in Newcastle, but theres PeterB who is a Sydneyite. I also migrated from Pentaxforums but still hang out there too :) Welcome!

6. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi buddy

Welcome from south of the border (Melbourne) I travel to Sydney regularly, might catch up for a pint or a coffee and take some shots :drinks:

7. Tonto

Tonto SC Rookie

Wow, friendly lot you are!
    Definitely give me a bell if anyone is in the area.
    I do get around a wee bit (even internationally) so you never know! Kyte, I have a buddy in Newcastle I have been meaning to visit for ages so will let you know if I'm around there :)

8. Jules

Jules SC Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    Bremer Valley, Australia
    Julie-Anne
    Hey Tonto, welcome aboard from a Brisbanite. :smile:

9. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Hi Tonto!!!

I'm in country South Aust, nice to meet you! If I ever get to Sydney for a holiday I will definitely catch up with some of you guys for pics and giggles!! hehehe

10. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Welcome to the forum. Being (amongst other things) a Canon owner, I have little understanding of the the pain and suffering you must endure as a Pentaxian, but please accept my deepest sympathies all the same.

11. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome Tonto! Love your enthusiasm!

12. Tonto

Tonto SC Rookie

Thanks all, in terms of Serious compacts I have a bridge/superzoom Olympus SP-550 UZ
    Olympus SP-550 UZ: 18x ultra zoom: Digital Photography Review

It pretty much kicked everything off for me when I got it as a wedding present-it went to Singapore and Cambodia with us and is currently a backup camera with my wife in Antarctica!!!

I also have an old Agfa Silette that my Grandmother in-law gave us, it still has film in it I have to get developed! It has a light meter as well. Coming from a digital background abit of a head scratcher to use :)
    Looks abit like this but extra dial on right side of camera (case and meter are identical)
    Agfa Silette Pronto 35mm 1953 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

13. Tonto

Tonto SC Rookie

Haha, yup it is a trying existence but things are looking up! As for Canon don't get me wrong I wouldn't turn one down if someone gave me one but then the re-sale on them is so good I would probably hock it off and buy some more lenses! :p

Those X100s I see in a few of your pics are VERY intriguing but my budget this year will probably be for a Flash and Tamron 28-75.