Micro 4/3 GF1 hack for a dummy?!

Photorx12

Regular
I just recently got a GF1, I would like to do the hack everyone is talking about. Problem lies in the fact that I am a total idiot when it comes to computer stuff. I barely know how to use my IMac much less installing hack software to a camera. The sites I have seen so far get too technical with terms I've never heard of. Does anyone know of a layman's guide to do this and where to find the software. Maybe I'm not having any luck searching cause I don't know the lingo or just plain unskillfull with computers.

Unless you know why you want to 'hack' your GF1 I'd avoid it. I had to hack my GH1 because I bought a US model without PAL video. I also enabled non-panasonic batteries and made a slight tweak to the video bitrates. If you don't have a reasonable understanding of these things don't do it. Not sure if these are the links you've been reading.

Using ptool.

Manual.

Please be advised. If you do the hack, neither mu-43 no SC is responsible if you have a problem.
We will not stop members from posting about hacks but will not support it either.
Don

Back