Fuji Ghosthunter goes all X-Pro 1!!!

Name
Andy
OK yes I was going to buy a X-E1 but If I did I felt that I still wanted to keep the X100 and I'm trying to get down to 1 main camera and a compact (I'm not sure this will ever work!!:D). My reason for the X-Pro1 was that it fit's my big hands much better and is more comfy to hold plus having the optical viewfinder means it can totally take over from the X100 and the money I get from that will go towards a 23mm f1.4 next year. I have the 18mm f2 lens with the X-Pro and can claim for the wonderful 35mm f1.4 which is free!!!!

So the X100 will go eventually but I will be happy that the Xpro will produce even better quality images than the X100. Happy Days!

View attachment 61673
Brothers in Arms, Fuji XPro1 by andywest1, on Flickr

Where did you get that great case for the X100?

I got it off ebay for £14..bargain!

It must be next month already, Andy's got a new camera! But seriously, congrats. They do look quite good together...

Yes...another month...another camera!!:D

You should get the optional handgrip - and my book Mastering the X-Pro1, once it is out in English end of November. :)

Yes I have one in the cabinet at work so I'll have a play and see how comfy it is. Trouble is finding a 1/2 leather case that takes the grip. I will get your book when it's out. Keep us updated :2thumbs:

Wow. Cool. Congratulations.

My most used camera. Incredibly fluid tool, and the more I use it the more I enjoy it.

As for the grip thing: I have one, but rarely use it. Overall, I found a thumbs-up to be more useful for how I hold the camera.

I got the X100 and that has knocked my socks of with the quality of the images of this camera. I have now purchased the x10 and presently looking at the x1pro as my next purchase as Fuji has a deal just now in the uk. Buy a x1pro and lens and get a second one free from them. They are offering either a 18 mm or 35 mm lens with it as a gift.

looking good there together. Just an amazing set of cameras

Yeah I have applied for the 35mm f1.4!! They extended the offer for an extra month. I will prob get the 18-55 too when it comes out. Having just had a brief play (rain all day!!) I must say the X-Pro is a fantastic camera. IQ is outstanding and the feel of the camera is fab! It is the X100 and so much more!

Congratulations, Andy!! Of course in my heart of hearts I am just a tad jealous. However, I'm thrilled for you!

Yes, flysurfer - please let us know about this upcoming book and any others that have already been published. Just start a new thread so they'll be easy to find.(y)

Back