1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Gig Shoot

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Petach, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    I had my double glazed units replaced recently; as part of a major house remodel. The young fitter and I chatted about the music I had on, and it turns out he has his own band (Called "Hate Vessel"; think Gary Numan looks and "9 inch nails" genre you get the picture?)

anyway, he has a gig coming up quite close by. I have never shot a gig so I asked if I could shoot it as a challenge for me. He was enthusiastic, so off I went to Chinnerys venue at Southend on sea last Friday and watched/shot 3 bands.

There are 31 images,so here is the link if interested....rather than post a shed load of pics

https://flic.kr/s/aHskiDRXJm

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Pete, that's a nice set. You should share a few that you like the most if you get a moment. Some people just never click through.... and that would be a shame.

3. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    thanks Luke, will do that.

4. A few have a bit too much noise, but overall pretty nice concert shots.

5. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    I love the grainy B&W shots Pete, almost all of them. A few of the color shots work really well too - I'm thinking a couple of the drummer and the very last shot of the bass player - but generally I think the B&W shots are really brilliant and some of the color not as much.

-Ray

6. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks Dave. I am a grain fan and try to emulate some of the old shots from magazines etc. All a question of personal taste I guess. Appreciate you stopping by.

7. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks Ray. The slash of blue of the bassist is my fave and I will use it as judge bait at the next club competition.
    cheers
    pete

8. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Those are really nice, Pete. Especially the BW.
    For inspiration: did you see Gary Ayala's concert photos?
    Greetings from down under.
    Peter

9. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Thanks Peter, appreciated. Gary's concert shots? Nope, don't believe I have. Will have a look.

By the way, will be in Aus' again next year for 2 mths from August'ish. Darwin, Melbourne, Sydney, Ballina and Wagga Wagga are on the list (all rellies with beds!)

cheers