1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Giving up the ghost

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Will, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this sort of thing so I've started one.

I thought this mouse had put in a good effort to look melodramatic in its last moments. I imagine it staggering about clutching its chest and quoting something appropriately Shakespearian! Poor little mite. :'(

Ricoh GXR as always these days. Voigtlander 35mm 1.4

13328601573_4bf04e805f_c.
    R0015004ac by meaning_of_light, on Flickr

• Like Like x 4
  2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle SC Regular

Mar 13, 2014
    Since you like Shakespeare how about the "Alas poor Yorick" thread? However I think the name works. Of coarse some people may find this this subject rather macabre.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yeah. I do, rather. There was a woman on redbubble who used to photograph dead birds, but she arranged them artistically so it wasnt so bad. Just made me feel sad, rather than repulsed. Sorry Will.. :hide:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    I wouldn't normally take and post images of dead animals but this one seemed to have gone out with style. He is no more but his memory now lives on!

5. speedandstyle

speedandstyle SC Regular

Mar 13, 2014
    Here is a video from Blunty that goes well with this thread.

[video=youtube;_dCrlyBU8EU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dCrlyBU8EU&list=UUcHcPhHjWui0k07q2Ld4nNw[/video]

6. speedandstyle

speedandstyle SC Regular

Mar 13, 2014
    I remember seeing a thread on a different photo forum a year or two ago that was crap - literarily! Mostly bird poop but there were others. Personally dead animals are better that excrement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I've occasionally shot the dead find. I respect all life and only shoot when I think I can show the deceased in some light that may give us pause to re-evaluate our place in the universe. We will all be dirt soon enough, and sometimes I think a photo of one who has "moved on" from one plane to the next can help us to either live better or at least see our only place in a different light.

Certainly intent and skill play some part in whether the image works or not.

R.I.P Mr Mouse

• Like Like x 3
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    UGH. Normally I like Blunty... but not this Turned off when the raven started pulling the mouse to bits.

9. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley, . . .

• Like Like x 2