Micro 4/3 GM1 unboxing video

It looks good, I guess you are buying one:) This photo shows how small it is, eg a7 is omd size...

destacado_panasonic_gm1_sony_a7r_2.jpg

We have a GM1 at work and it is tiny!! With the 14mm it would make an ideal street camera!! Don't forget the inside is the same as the GX7. Also DPReview have posted some images from the GM1 and they look damn good!!

I had the gm1 in my hands yesterday, the thing is super small is like a pack of cigarettes in size. It definitely needs the additional grip. The build quality is better than the gx7 and gh3 in my opinion. No plastic parts. If you pair it with the p25 you would grab the camera by the lens, is that small. I would grab one!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using SeriousCompacts mobile app

Grip, absolutely for me

If I have to use the horizontal grip on my E-M5 for comfort then I would absolutely need the grip for the E-M1 but I have the feeling this camera would be 2/3's by the lens in my left hand and the 1/3 by my right hand with a few fingers. The price I'd have to pay for an easy carry MFT's ILC. My Oly 9-18 would be perfect on this little jewel.:D

I am more interested in the lens esp now I saw that it has similar distortion as much bigger Pana 12-35mm 2.8 lens (6+%) & good sharpness:
Google Translate

Panasonic_12-32mm_vs_Olympus_12-50mm_ostrosc_12mm_s_zps6d89f456.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Also I saw the Japanese price for the Pana grip close to $100, pricey... Cheaper third party grips might help.

I am more interested in the lens esp now I saw that it has similar distortion as much bigger Pana 12-35mm 2.8 lens (6+%) & good sharpness:
Google Translate

Panasonic_12-32mm_vs_Olympus_12-50mm_ostrosc_12mm_s_zps6d89f456.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Also I saw the Japanese price for the Pana grip close to $100, pricey... Cheaper third party grips might help.

That's interesting. The 12-50 Olympus is not much good for edge sharpness at 12mm, but I only use it because it is weather sealed so I wouldn't replace it with the new pancake.

Back