Going Candid

Discussion in 'Photography Techniques' started by olli, Jul 26, 2011.

1. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Via G+ I came across a free pdf book on street photography by a Swiss photographer called Thomas Leuthard. It's subtitled 'An Unorthodox Approach to Street Photography'. I haven't read it yet myself but I thought some of you more into street photography might like to have a look at it. He also shoots a lot of his images with a GF1 so he fits right in here.

You can find it on his website. It's probably best not to read the blurb before downloading the book - it's a bit much:smile:

• Like Like x 8
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thanks olli, I'll check it out. Maybe I should re-up for G+, too.

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Thanks olli, he's on my friends list at Flickr... If'n that means anything.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    OK, so I re-upped. My account was still at Google + but I think my circles are gone. I've elected to keep notifications off, but will check in from time to time and appreciate the contacts and info available.

Thanks again, olli!

5. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    At this stage G+ is still an experiment for me. One month from now I may decide not to bother with it but I think it's worth giving it a decent go especially since I have found a lot of good photographers and a lot of good photography related content.

6. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Thanks for the link Olli, it was an interesting and informative read. His passion for street photography shines through in both his words and pictures. I was wondering what I should do on my day off tomorrow .... Hmmm, photographing dogs peeing, I'm not sure that's my kind of fetish so I will have to find another box to get out of, but he does make good suggestions for those interested in street photography. A recommended read.

7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Thanks Olli for the link. I saw your posting on G+ and have downloaded the pdf.

8. Aubrey

Aubrey New to SC

Nov 24, 2011
    Hi olli,
    Thanks for sharing Thomas Leuthard link and free book on candid photography on streets with everyone.
    I have downloaded the book and I am sure it would be great read.

9. Hauki

Hauki SC Regular

Dec 2, 2011
    Somerset, England
    Thanks for the link, A very interesting read

• Like Like x 1
  10. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Very cool book! Good read, good photos, and it's free!

11. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Did anyone else grab the other as well? "Collecting Souls" which is a kind of follow-on from the first. Nobody mentioned it so I thought I would. I haven't read them but I like his work. They will be going into goodreader on the iPad shortly. There are a couple more pdfs on the docs link, as well as some other stuff. Worth exploring, I love his work.

Thanks for that link Olli. This is why G+ is good. You get to find people like this who otherwise you might never know of.