Got me an A7M2

Discussion in 'Sony E-Mount (incl. NEX, A7, A7R, A3000) Forum' started by Petach, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Just fell for the Sony A7M2 at Wex in London. With cash back it is just about £800 which, to my mind, is great value for a full frame camera of this age. It joins my A6300. I have ordered the sigma converter to put my Canon 17-40L lens on it. It works, I tried it out in the store. Hopefully the weather will improve enough to get out and give it a workout. The A6300 has the 16-50 kit lens on it.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Casey

Casey SC Veteran

Mar 17, 2016
    Atlanta, GA
    Casey
    I run my 17-40mm L on my A7II all the time and love it. Normally I just run the 85mm on it, but I always have a few Canon lenses with me since I sold off my Canon bodies. You should love it!

3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Cool! Looking forward to see what it'll do in your hands. Do you have a specific usage scenario in mind? (Travel, daily work, ...)

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Niiiiice!

5. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Cool, thanks for that. I think the body with the 17-40 will be a killer combo. The adapter arrives today so looking forward to it. I friend of mine has the 24-105L on his and it looks and works great.

6. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Hi Bart, Just my normal.....some street, night lights, architecture, landscape. Should be good for all of them. Will report back with some shots hopefully today. I can go out to play as the ever fragrant Mrs T is away for a couple of days!

7. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Oh dear, something tells me she will not be pleased!

8. Petach

Petach SC Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    It's ok I report in every hour on the hour

• Funny Funny x 4