Ricoh GR does more nightwork

Iansky

All-Pro
I wanted to try the GR out for some more nightwork so went to a place where I knew the lighting would be challenging.

I set the camera to 100ISO in Aperture priority between f4 - f5 and used the 2 sec delay, I found suitable items to rest the camera on and manged to get these images that I am very pleased with.

Warped.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Diagonals.jpg

Blue_lights.jpg

Thanks Louis and Steve,

The GR is a stunning camera and great value for money, it is like its older brothers proving popular with pro street shooters as it is so small, inconspicuous and delivers amazing images.

Love it!

I like all 3 but the first 2 are simply amazing! :)

I wanted to try the GR out for some more nightwork so went to a place where I knew the lighting would be challenging.

I set the camera to 100ISO in Aperture priority between f4 - f5 and used the 2 sec delay, I found suitable items to rest the camera on and manged to get these images that I am very pleased with.

Warped.jpg

Diagonals.jpg

Blue_lights.jpg

when I had my GR (sob, boo hoo....I miss you darlin') I used to take it out for night work. It did far better than I expected and sometimes better than the full frame.

7368477014_4be50432c6_z.jpg
The colour of night by Ricoh GRD3 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

14106359475_489c4ce977_z.jpg
One from 2012 with Ricoh GRD3 by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

7368480742_8925b9f11c_z.jpg

7183316463_e5897ae217_z.jpg

8006347891_6c3a9d0a47_z.jpg
Blue Bridge by petach123 (Peter Tachauer), on Flickr

Thanks Pete,

You do have my sympathy and as your images show, Ricoh are masters of the small compact / high performance genre.

The GR is a worthy replacement to the smaller sensor versions and yet still retains and even improves on all things good - a worthy replacement!

Back