Ricoh GR SD Card won't lock in

Petach

Hall of Famer
Name
Peter Tachauer
Anyone else had this issue. I put an SD card in to slot and tried to format it only to be told that the card was read only. Took the card out and saw the little notch on the side of the card was missing. Since then, I have not been able to lock a card in place. It refuses to catch. I can close the hatch and the camera will write to card, but on opening hatch the card pops up again.

Any ideas? I have looked closely and there is no debris in the slot.

Cheers

Pete

Anyone else had this issue. I put an SD card in to slot and tried to format it only to be told that the card was read only. Took the card out and saw the little notch on the side of the card was missing. Since then, I have not been able to lock a card in place. It refuses to catch. I can close the hatch and the camera will write to card, but on opening hatch the card pops up again.

Any ideas? I have looked closely and there is no debris in the slot.

Cheers

Pete

I had almost exactly this happen on my Fuji x100 a few years ago, although in my case, the card wouldn't slide fully home, and the camera wouldn't communicate with it. It turned out that the small plastic tab had found its way down into the 'teeth' which receive the card in order to make the connection.

I couldn't see it at first, until I took a photo with a camera+macro lens in order to be able to see it on-screen at 100%. It was quite tricky to get enough light into the card slot for the photo.

It took some VERY careful manoeuvring with (IIRC) a wooden toothpick to get it out. Good luck if you attempt removal of the offending piece (the usual caveat about doing it at your own risk etc. :eek-54:).

Last edited:
Back