1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

GRD III settings

Discussion in 'Ricoh Forum' started by Goofy, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Goofy

Goofy New to SC

Apr 14, 2014
    Anyone willing to share customize setting for B&W street shooting? Just got GRD III from eBay and looking forward to start

2. chopmonkey

chopmonkey New to SC

Nov 23, 2012
    This thread is not jumping out and saying GRD III, the street shooter's dream. Shame, I was thinking exactly the same thing

3. Goofy

Goofy New to SC

Apr 14, 2014
    Well same old story I guess...

4. Goofy

Goofy New to SC

Apr 14, 2014
    Never got anything in the last 5 months hence I'm getting off

5. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Please tell me you haven't been waiting for five months to configure your camera?

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Sorry, never saw this thread back when it was started. I did a lot of B&W street work with the GRDIII. I played around with the high contrast B&W JPEG mode, but ultimately found it too restrictive. So about 99% of my street work with that camera was shot raw and processed with Silver Efex Pro. That sensor was pretty limited and raw was the way I found to get the most from it.

Probably little help and too late besides, but there you go...

-Ray

7. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I shot the whole of the January PaD challenge three years ago with my GRDlll set to HiBW and was very pleased with the results but I agree it can be a little restrictive. These days with my GRD I mostly use Topaz Labs for mono but I still like to dabble with HiBW like a guilty pleasure... ;)