Greetings from HK and Malibu...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by theflyer, Jun 24, 2011.

1. theflyer

theflyer SC Rookie

Apr 27, 2011
    hey everyone - nice to officially be a part of seriouscompacts. like many of you (i suspect), i've migrated here from m-43user.com. i used to enjoy that board more than i do now, probably because of the participation of several mods who are now over here.

work keeps me traveling between hong kong and california, so you'll see mostly photos from either area. i'm a long time canon dslr user; i currently own and use a few m4/3's cameras (GF1, GH2, EPL2), and i just picked up a lightly used M8.2.

anyways, glad to be here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    theflyer, thanks so much for migrating over from across the hall, though I'm sure you keep your eyes over there, too.:biggrin: Very glad to have you here!:th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome aboard theFlyer! Nice collection of cameras you got there! I love the all black M8.2, with the black dot. Very stealthy!

4. theflyer

theflyer SC Rookie

Apr 27, 2011
    thanks, BB. thanks, armando. as i made mention above, it's posters such as yourselves that make being here a bit more fun than other boards out there.

and armando, i agree about the all black look on the M8.2. it's exactly the rig i have. i was just telling my wife today the best thing about getting the leica is i've lost the urge to acquire more gear. the image quality it delivers - for me - is simply amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello theflyer and welcome - you'll quickly feel at home.