Greetings from Houston

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Michael T, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Michael T

Michael T SC Top Veteran

Jul 31, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Michael
    Hi Everyone,

Just registered on Serious Compacts. I've been lurking here for awhile, there is a lot of good information and some incredible pictures; in fact I made my decision about the camera I purchased partly based on high quality reviews on the site.

I decided on an LX5, (after lusting for an X100 for awhile) and after a few months with the camera I am quite pleased with the performance. Over the years, my photography had morphed into carrying the big bag of DSLR gear and only shooting in planned situations which in reality meant less time shooting, so I was looking for something that I could carry all the time and shoot more. I'm loving the feel of freedom this camera provides; and it still gives me all the control I need +RAW.

Cheers, Mike

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Mike, thanks so much for your official intro!:2thumbs: I'm so glad that you de-lurked and want to offer my hearty congratulations upon your choosing the LX5 because it really is a fantastic camera. Here's my second welcome to you but now it's "official"!:drinks:

3. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Greetings from Scotland! Looking forward to seeing your pictures
    Heather

4. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Michael.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Michael and welcome to SC.

6. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Another welcome from Scotland. I have a LX5, I love this little camera but don't use it enough. Note to myself ....shove it in your bag and have some fun! Look forward to seeing your pictures. Consider yourself duly encouraged to start entering into our weekly challenge, the more members joining in the nerdier, lol, my predictive text on my iPad just makes words up, I meant merrier! :rolleyes:

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :rofl:

8. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!