Greetings from Ridgefield, CT

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by thearne3, Aug 5, 2011.

1. thearne3

thearne3 SC Regular

Aug 4, 2011
    Ridgefield, CT USA
    Hello all!

I have been perusing this site for some time. A lot of friends here whose camera journeys have led from m43 to 'serious compacts' of many stripes. It's a very exciting time to be into photography - and a 'gearhead'. :rolleyes:

I am more of a regular at Micro Four Thirds User Forum. I started with an E-P1 when it came out, got a second hand E-P2 and VF-2, and now have jumped in again with the E-P3. Each change was a radical transformation of the picture taking experience for me. The VF-2 made all my legacy lenses a true joy to use. The E-P3 has given me a choice: with EVF or without. Without the EVF, the touch screen changes the game: It's fast and fun for candids and street.

Before m43, my first digital cams were the Canon G2 and G9, and before that 30 years with the OM system, though I now have more OM lenses than I ever had - go figure! :biggrin: Oh, and my SO has an XZ-1.

I love kayaking and cycling and hiking, folk music and singing with friends.

Glad to be here! Hope I can give as much as I have already gotten from you all!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome! Nice to see you here!

3. nursenicole

nursenicole SC Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    Boston
    welcome, tom! small world- i am from fairfield county originally- lived in Ridgefield for a year or so. beautiful town! i just bought an XZ-1 as well, how does your SO like it so far?

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Tom and welcome.

5. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Hi Tom

Good to see you on the Forum - lots of yours friends on here

Watch out for the "mods" - the usual lot keeping an eye on "us"

• Like Like x 1
  6. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Tom.

7. thearne3

thearne3 SC Regular

Aug 4, 2011
    Ridgefield, CT USA
    Very much! She has her eye on the Freniac grip to increase comfort in hand. It's a big step up for her, but a great cam to learn on.

8. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Tom, is that you...I didn't recognize you... How ya been?
    It's been a while but I'm glad ya found your way here....
    Good seeing ya old friend.... Don

9. nursenicole

nursenicole SC Regular

Mar 5, 2011
    Boston
    believe it or not, i JUST got my Franiec grip in the mail today- havent had a chance to put it on yet, but i'll let you know what i think!

i was using an EPL1 for a few months, and i have decided to hang on to it, at least for now-- but it was just too big for everyday use. wanted something a little less cumbersome without needing to change lenses - so far, the XZ-1 is great! it's really fantastic to have manual control on a compact camera :smile:

10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Tom, thanks so much for stopping in for the official hello.:wink: I was up in your town not too long ago and I am pretty sure I drove by one of your photo shoot haunts - there was a hanging fish sign...on route 35...unless I'm having some sort of recovered memory.:biggrin: Ridgefield is beautiful!