Greetings from Tel Aviv

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Izh Ash, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Izh Ash

Izh Ash SC Regular

Mar 3, 2011
    Hi,
    My name is Izhar Ashdot and I'm a professional musician, based in Tel Aviv, Israel.
    Since buying my Sony NEX-5 eight months ago, I've become obsessed with cinematography and film creation.
    I'm a self-learning film student, reading, shooting, editing and enjoying the wealth of information on the web as a result of the DSLR revolution.
    I love the guerilla attitude of the DSLR world. I own about ten manual lenses, mostly old Russian M42 mount lenses.
    I buy my lights and other accessories on Ebay, and make some of my own gear such as my shoulder mount. Sites such as Cheesycam.com are a great inspiration.
    I'll post links to some of my short films, I hope you'll enjoy them, I'd love to read your comments.
    Izhar

• Like Like x 6
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome Izhar! Hope to see you around often! And would love to see your films! And listen to your music!

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Izhar, I appreciate your taking the time to introduce yourself. Your excitement is catching! :biggrin: We have a few more members who I know are into video and film, so this could be a whole new venue.

4. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Welcome Izhar!

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Welcome Izhar.
    Could you post how you set your camera up for videos. Also, what lenses and how best to use them.
    Thanks, Don

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I've just set up a handy thread for an overview of the NEX and video. :thumbup:

7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome Izhar ! Please take a seat aboard.