Greetings!

Discussion in 'Canon G1X / G7X Forum' started by Bluebear, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Bluebear

Bluebear SC Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    St Albans, Herts, UK
    Hi! I've just bought a G1X and am very much looking forward to using it. I was pleased to find a forum for G1X users and hope to post some images here in due course. The battery's still charging at the moment and I've only taken a quick couple of photos of my dog so far just to check that the camera works. (It does!)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome Bluebear.....I've seen some amazing photos from that camera, so if you aren't getting any, it won't be the camera's fault ;)

Now that you have the gear, it's all about the photos, so share as soon as you get some worth sharing.

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Glad to have you here, bluebear and congrats on that new camera of yours! We have lots of dog lovers here so feel free to share those first snaps, as well as more down the line.:drinks:

4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    That's an interesting camera, be nice to see some more pics from it when you're ready :) Lots of doggy pics here too ;)

5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome bluebear, looking forward to seeing more from your G1X!

6. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Bluebear

7. elsie350

elsie350 SC Regular

Apr 7, 2012
    Hi Bluebeard, welcome to the forum, look forward to seeing your pictures with the G1X

8. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi bluebear, welcome to serious compacts. I recently bought a G1X but not had much of an opportunity to play with it due to all the lovely weather we have been having this summer here in the Lothians! I have been happy with the pics I have taken so far and expect it will come out to play in August during the Edinburgh Fringe. If it stops raining! Looking forward to seeing your pics!

9. Bluebear

Bluebear SC Regular

Jul 24, 2012
    St Albans, Herts, UK
    OK, so here are a few from my first play with the camera walking the dog near home lest night:

Flake-3.

WildOats.

Kimpton-1.

I'm having a day off work tomorrow and going on a river cruise (a small one!) in Oxford, so think I'll take the new toy along!

• Like Like x 1
  10. elsie350

elsie350 SC Regular

Apr 7, 2012
    Great images, thanks for sharing them. Hope you enjoy your cruise and look forward to seeing your pictures

11. defektive

defektive SC Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Sam
    Lovely shots and welcome to the forum.

12. Gizmo

Gizmo SC Rookie

Jun 18, 2012
    Welcome. I've been having fun with mine. Still getting used to it.

IMG_0155. IMG_0157.

13. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome.