GXR module use debate

Discussion in 'Ricoh GXR Forum' started by Landshark, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog S.C. Charter Member

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Debating between getting the 28 module by itself or buying it with another body unit.
    The question is how well are the module/ bodies holding up if you change them often or is just better and easier to buy a second body unit

2. Cristian Sorega

Cristian Sorega SC Regular

Apr 23, 2011
    London
    I had the GXR with the modules for 2 years now and there is no problem at all with swapping the modules.
    I would see if Ricoh releases a new body and then get this rather than buying the same body twice.

3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    I am using the 28mm the majority of the time, but usually also have the 50 in my bag. It is quick enough to change modules that I don't feel the need for a second body. Maybe if I was using the modules equally I would think differently.

If they release a new GXR body at some point, I would consider buying and then keeping my current body as a backup.

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I have 2 bodies. For event, parades etc, I like to just switch cameras and not lensors. For $349.99 for a body, it's a no brainer. When the new greatly improved super duper GXR comes out...then I'll have 3 bodies.

5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    At least in the US, you do save $85 when buying the body/A12 kit, so that would give you the 2nd body for about $265. :biggrin:

6. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 8, 2010
    I prefer having two bodies, but now I have 3 units so I end up switching. Easy enough. When I go out to take pictures I choose which cameras to use ahead of time and don't switch midstream, so to speak.

7. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Y'all are hardcore!! :)