Hallo from Brussels, Belgium

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by f6cvalkyrie, Jan 27, 2012.

1. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie SC Regular S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Hi,

I'm Rafael, living in a small village some 20 km SE of Brussels, the well-know capital of Europ :rolleyes:
    Some of you may know me as a participant of the sister forum for micro4/3, my main camera being a GH2 nowadays.

But I'm here because I recently bought an Olympus C700 :eek::confused::eek::cool:
    Why the hell would anybody want to buy a 10 year old 2.1Mpix camera ???? Well, it's an IR converted camera with a filter installed at 820 nm !
    And I got it really cheap !

So, now you know me, I'm going some post some IR pictures in the Olympus forum !

C U
    Rafael

2. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi Rafael

Welcome to Serious Compacts. Looking forward to seeing your photos ... I vaguely recollect from mu-43 that you are pretty good at taking pictures! :smile:

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Rafael, how wonderful that you found your way here! I've been very remiss about keeping up over at Mu43 with your photographs. Now I'll get to have them here, too. We accept micro four thirds photographs with open arms, too.:biggrin:

Congrats on that "new" Olympus C700 and welcome aboard the sister ship of Serious Compacts!

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Rafael you could have come without buying an Olympus ... even GH2s are welcome here!
    It'll be good to see your work again

5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Hi Rafael, welcome from Rotterdam! Looking forward to seeing your shots, from both your cameras!

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Rafael - I have a canon G5 conversion.

7. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Hi Rafael! I will be converting my canon to IR soon. Can't wait to see your photos!

8. f6cvalkyrie

f6cvalkyrie SC Regular S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010