1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hallo from downunder

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by shinglj, Jun 1, 2011.

1. shinglj

shinglj SC Rookie

Hello from downunder . I live in Terrigal a small beachside town about 90kms north of Sydney, Australia . I have been interested in photography since I was 14 which is a long time ago . For years I had a darkroom and I used to do cibachrome colour printing as well as black and white .
    I have had Leicas since 1967 as well as a few other cameras on the way .I decided that I was over carrying a big backpack of gear around in 2006 and converted to a Canon G7 and then a G9 .I sold my Leica M6 outfit ( which I now regret ) in 2008 .I bought a Leica X1 earlier this year .
    I have a vast archive of photos . I was in the motor industry for 40 years and have travelled extensively -- and still do . My other hobbies are classic Porsches and historic motor sport and Le Mans . I have a blog on The Rolling Road
    shinglj

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    shinglj, thank you for your intro! I think we're being taken over by you all from DownUnder! You'll find quite a few kindred spirits here. I used to do Cibachrome and color negatives, too - in my college apartment bathroom and "darkroom" - black and white, too.:thumbup:

You've got some beautiful photographs - and I love those classic Porsches, too.

Glad to have you here!

3. Greetings shinglj.

Agree with BB, some great pics on your blog.

Have fun at SC.

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome aboard mate!

5. flash

flash SC Veteran

May 6, 2011
    Gordon
    Ha. I live literally, next door. In Wamberal, although if you ring the fire brigade they say it's still Terrigal.

Small world.

Gordon

6. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome here ! I'm from Holland.