1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hallooooo Again!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Yeats, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    'ello again, folks! It's been a crazy couple of months since I'd last been here... I apologize for my rudeness in suddenly dropping out of SC, but I'm here again and hopefully for good. :biggrin:

What happened with me? Well...

- moved crazy old mother-in-law into a new facility, resulting in her having hallucinations, two 9-1-1 calls, four trips to the ER, a broken hip and currently physical therapy
    - my girlfriend going into the ER on New Year's Eve, diagnosed with a bilateral kidney infection, nearly died form an allergic reaction to a pneumonia vaccine, 2 weeks in the hospital
    - my beloved cat Calhoun passing away the morning of Super Bowl Sunday

and one bit of good news, we adopted a 7 month old kitten from the local pound, she's an adorable, rambunctious PITA we've named Abagail Rose.

So that's the nutty narrative of my life over the last few months, and now I come knocking on the door of SC... may I please be let in? :redface:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Welcome back, Yeats! Sorry for your loss. I hope things are less stressful for you this year, and congratulations for your sweet kitten.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    you know the old saying "when it rains, it pours"...... sounds like you had yours. Hopefully it's all in the past now. More photos of your new kitten please.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    What's the pass word?

G

PS- I echo Luke.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Thanks, fellas!

Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Nope ... try again ...

(we could do this until hell freezes over) ... okay that works ... Welcome Back Yeats! :friends:

G

7. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Awww, you lot are mean! Looks like you've had your hands full and you certainly made your life more complicated with a new kitten :biggrin: Looking forward to kitty pics!

• Like Like x 1
  8. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Kitten is no good,......until it shows up with it's first "kill". rat, mouse, bird, or something dangerous! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    Ah, years ago we had cats who would bring home lovely presents, blood as red as lipstick... but it's always been too dangerous, my neighborhood's road has claimed too many pets over the years, the kitties go no further than the back deck, now.

10. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    It sounds like you had a really hard time of it there. Hopefully the new addition is helping to bring some joy back.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    As they say, bad things comes in 3's. Hopefully things are going to be in the nup and up especially with Abigail Rose :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  12. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    welcome back! To catch you up on what's been happening...

Canon's gone out of business
    Leica is now selling $400 rangefinders
    Apple makes a medium format film camera

:tongue:

hope the family health issues are resolved and there's always room for more cats on the Internet.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    :rofl:

If I was away for awhile and someone told me that, I would seriously freak out and believe that I'm in a weird parallel universe.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    +1 Bizzaro-world for sure!